x
CSzRichmond

Feature Request: Donation Option

We are a nonprofit theater that uses Square Register for our box office and concessions sales. We would love to give our customers the option to donate to our nonprofit through a question at the end of the transaction, very similar to how tipping works. It's better than asking all cashiers to ask every customer directly if they'd like to donate, and could give the customer the option to maybe round up to the nearest dollar or donate larger amounts very simply. I'm sure this would be an option that many other companies could use - even if you're not nonprofit, you could support a nonprofit with something like this.

A similar approach could be for us to set up donations as a sales item, and that this feature would be a feature that allows you to ask the customer if they'd like to also purchase X in addition to what they just bought, where X could be ANY item you'd like to try to place extra effort on selling.

Anyone else think these would be great options to have in the Square Register software?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: Feature Request: Donation Option

Best Answer

Hello @CSzRichmond

I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the feature request board so other sellers and our Product Managers can view it! 

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out. 

Message 2 of 5
4 Replies
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @CSzRichmond

I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the feature request board so other sellers and our Product Managers can view it! 

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out. 

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
CSzRichmond

Thanks Chad!!!

Message 3 of 5
hicksm13

Yes! This would be ideal. I'd like to set up a fund to help low-income patients and would simply like to be able to have an option when customers sign, like a tip feature, that allows them to add a variable amount to their payment that could go towards the fund. It would need to be easily accounted for and attributed at the end of the month. Please please! 

Message 4 of 5
Fearless

Agreed, please incorporate a donate button for registered 501(c)(3) organizations.  Thank you, Fearless Kitty Rescue

Message 5 of 5