x

Feature Request - Group Bookings for Square Appointments

Feature Request - Group Bookings for Square Appointments

I run a variety of exercise services.  A weekend bootcamp that goes for 8 weeks each so once people sign up they are automatically in for the next 8 weeks.

Kids bootcamp which are only on at set times each week based on age group.

And then one-to-one personal training which I have a few appointments a week available.

I am struggling to organise the various bookings on Square.  Is it possible to have one service that is booked and paid for once every 8 weeks.  

The kids bootcamp people can sign up each week but I can't work out how to limit the two sessions to only one particular age group.

The one-to-one sessions are okay, I've managed to get those done. 

Any advice appreciated.  TIA

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request - Group Bookings for Square Appointments

99 Comments

From what i tried, it doesn't work because i need to assign the 2 separate resources to the service option available to the customer, and then the online booking form only gives the customer the option to book the service, not the resource. So "Customer A" books the service and "Appointment Slot 1" is then allocated to it but "Customer B" is unable to book "Appointment Slot 2" because the online booking form doesn't allow them to book the service.

Admin

Fair enough @brendanh76

I'll update this thread if we do launch group booking in the future and tag everyone who's posted here. Sorry I can't be of more help for now!

I would love to know more about this resources suggestion - I want to use square because it's the best but seems it may not work for group appointments. Are you implying that I could have multiple people book the same service at the same time if there are multiple resources assigned to it? Would love a screenshot or something of how you made this work...

Admin

Hey @Aerial,

While I had heard of resources as a workaround in the past, I had a play around with these features just now and the feedback provided by @brendanh76 is correct - to allow customers to book services online at the same time, you would first need to have a paid Appointments account and then assign different "staff", eg "Slot 1", "Slot 2", "Slot 3" etc to allow multiple customers to book at the same time.

This will actually work outside of using resources - I think I got this one mixed up with a different workaround for table bookings (where you'd assign a table to a booking as a resource). It's "staff" you want to do this, not "resources".

Group bookings is on our radar though. I don't have an ETA for this feature, but it's a popular one and I'll continue to share feedback from our community with product teams.

Just want to throw our weight behind group bookings as well. We run a gym where group classes will be starting up again shortly, we'd love to be able to ditch Acuity Scheduling and have everything on Square. We need to be able to set a maximum group size, our paid members would be able to book for free and non-members would pay.

Thanks,

Olly

Beta Member

Hello, I’m not sure if this feature has been requested but I am running into a common issue. My clients would like to book a couples massage but have trouble finding a time slot for them and their significant other or friend at the same time.

I would love if I could create a service item that would be able to block out two therapists at a time for the same time slot.

so when clients go to book they can click on “60 minute couples massage” and then it would show one time slot that would be for both therapists. 

I hope that makes sense! Thanks!

Beta Member

Hello, I’m not sure if this feature has been requested but I am running into a common issue. My clients would like to book a couples massage but have trouble finding a time slot for them and their significant other or friend at the same time.

I would love if I could create a service item that would be able to block out two therapists at a time for the same time slot.

so when clients go to book they can click on “60 minute couples massage” and then it would show one time slot that would be for both therapists and to possibly be able to pick which therapist they would be able to be with.

I hope that makes sense! Thanks!

Alumni

Yep that def makes sense. Group/multiple client booking is a popular request that hasn't been implemented but we're tracking Sellers that has been asking of this. Moving post to join the others, that was we can mass update everyone with good news when it comes. 

@jasmineradi

Alumni

Oops, looks like this is a duplicated post. I answered the other one you posted, so I merged this one to it in case you didn't see my reply! 

@jasmineradi

I am interested in the group booking feature as well. How can I stay informed on this topic?