x

Feature Request - Group Bookings for Square Appointments

Feature Request - Group Bookings for Square Appointments

I run a variety of exercise services.  A weekend bootcamp that goes for 8 weeks each so once people sign up they are automatically in for the next 8 weeks.

Kids bootcamp which are only on at set times each week based on age group.

And then one-to-one personal training which I have a few appointments a week available.

I am struggling to organise the various bookings on Square.  Is it possible to have one service that is booked and paid for once every 8 weeks.  

The kids bootcamp people can sign up each week but I can't work out how to limit the two sessions to only one particular age group.

The one-to-one sessions are okay, I've managed to get those done. 

Any advice appreciated.  TIA

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request - Group Bookings for Square Appointments

99 Comments
Admin

Hey @AHWT,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing us with this detailed feedback!

At the moment Appointments doesn't feature group bookings, which is I think the key component you're looking for here. We are looking at expanding the feature set offered by Appointments, and it's possible we'll build group bookings into the product in the future.

For example we recently added Resource booking to Appointments - it's not the exact feature you're looking for, though it may be worth seeing if you're able to find a workaround using resources.

In the meantime I'll use this thread to track further feature requests for group bookings in the one place.

Generally speaking, to create repeat appointments Follow these steps to create a set of repeating appointments:

1. Click Create Appointment in the top right-hand corner.
  2. Enter your client's information in the Client Information section.
  3. Within the Appointment Details section, check the box next to the word Repeat. Checking this box will create a new field titled End Repeating, where you can choose for the appointment to recur for a certain number of appointments, or until a specific date.
  4. Fill in the remaining details on this screen, and click Save

Hi Seamus, I'd like to log my need for a group booking platform. Currently I am unable to seamlessly integrate my Square payments with the square appointment app and website for my physiotherapy classes where i need concurrent appointments. I am also finding the calendar extremely clunky and have not resolved this looking at other threads. For example if my opening hours are 1-3pm ACDT and i opt to put an appointment (45 mins) on the hour why is the only available appointment 1.30 and not 1 and 2 pm??? I have been unable to get my calendar to reflect 1 and 2pm availability (notwithstanding  this would only allow one person to book into my class) that is unless I go to 15 minute increments which is confusing for the client as to the actual class time and even with changing my opening hours and making sure i have no block out time and with a staff of only myself. It shouldn't be that hard. It is currently 2am ACDT hence my absolute frustration. grrr

Admin

Hey @sarahg,

Thanks for your feedback. Building the ability for Appointments to handle group booking has been a popular request and something we're continuing to pass feedback to the Appointments product team about. I don't have any updates for this feature, but will tag everyone in this post if I hear of any changes here.

Regarding the issues you're having with Appointments timing, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team here to troubleshoot further - they will be able to take a look into how the account has been set up and advise accordingly. There should be a solution here, but unfortunately we're not able to get the context we need to help troubleshoot this one via our Seller Community forum! You call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time) or email via this form.

Hi, I am a Bowen Therapist and often work with two separate clients at the same time, like a physio or chiropractor does.  Is it possible to allow for 2 separate bookings in the same time slot? But I also do Homeopathic consultations and Massage which are 1:1 so require the time slot for these to be only for one person.

Admin

Hey @schap08,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Group bookings are currently not available via Square appointments, however I've moved your post to this thread, where we're tracking feedback for the feature request.

This has been a pretty popular request with our support team as well - I'm not sure on an ETA for this feature, however I'll update this thread and notify everyone who's posted if I hear any news.

Hello, 

Is there a feature where multiple clients can book in the same time online (by themselves)? eg. Sally and Jane want to come in at 10am together. 

Thanks 

Admin

Hey @zoez,

Not at the moment unfortunately!

I've moved your message to this existing thread where we're tracking this feature request. It's been a popular one via our support team too, so I hope it's something we can add to the system here in the future.

If I hear any news on this one I'll be sure to tag everyone in this thread to update you all! Thank you for contributing your voice to this one 🙂

Beta Member

Hi, I’m a makeup artist. How can a client book online for 2-3 people in one transaction? At the moment they can only book 1 at a time? How can I make it so they can book their friends in at the same 1 after the other? 

Another request for Group Bookings - running classes and having clients pay up for classes that are run regularly is a really core concept and extremely common use case.  I work as a business coach and consultant and have signed up to Square so that I can better understand it's functions so that I can advise my clients.  The lack of the group booking feature is actually making us consider some alternate providers, so if you can progress the group booking function it would be a great advantage.

Beta Member

Hi all.

We run a Barbershop and often dependents/ kids are booked in at the same time as guardian. Would be great to have the option of adding a dependent or group to a booking and have the option to assign different team members under one booking. I feel this would also be handy in a salon environment as juniors could be assigned to just the wash or just the blow wave of the appointment. please advise if this is already an option that we have missed.

Many thanks 

Hughes & Co Team