x

Feature Request - In cart scheduling pick ups and delivery

Feature Request - In cart scheduling pick ups and delivery

Ive had countless customers not realising they can schedule a pickup/delivery date and time as the initial cart section shows the default date and time for the order and has the word change next to it. When they click on change it just gives them the default date and time not realising they can actually change the date and time afterwards in the checkout process. This is causing a lot of confusion and im getting frustrated that I have to keep answering this question all day every day on all my social media platforms. Can someone put a note in the cart that date and time can be changed afterwards in the checkout process?

0 Likes
32 Comments
Admin

Hey @Tio,

Thanks for the feedback - I've heard a few similar comments!

Our Ecommerce team are actually working to make delivery and pickup scheduling times available in more places - eg in-cart and from the "Order Online" page.

We'll hopefully make an announcement on this one soon, I'll come back here and tag you when I hear 🙂

Hi team square,

we have an issue on order system,

We have set up to deliver on Thursday and Friday 5:00-8:00.

When you click either shopping cart or view cart, it appears a display for delivery date (automatically set up for Thursday).  And there is ‘change’ click right next to the date. When you click it, it doesn’t take it to changing the date, instead they take it to changing the address.

please fix this issue as our customers get confused and they think we only deliver on Thursday.

I know they will be able to change the date later where ‘schedule for later’,

however they don’t realise it because of the changing dates option doesn’t allow them to amend date before hand.

Please let me know how to fix the issue ASAP.

thank you!

Admin

Thanks for the feedback @TKMelbourne!

I've merged your thread into this one - having the ability to select scheduled delivery/pick-up times from the cart and order pages is in the works, hopefully this feature will prevent further confusion once it launches - I'll tag you in this thread once I hear of any changes!

Please let me know if I've misunderstood the request!

Hi Seamus, thank you for this thread. Our customers are also finding this issues very frustrating. Have there been any further updates on this?

Admin

Hey @David92,

I wish there were! 

I understand that this feature is in the pipeline, and it's something I'm watching closely for updates, however I don't have anything more to share at the moment.

I'll ping you in this thread when I do hear more, and will again pass this feedback on to the eCommerce team. 

Hi @Seamus 

I hope you are well.

i just wanted to touch base with you regarding the ‘changing delivery date’.

Please let me know if you guys are still following up this issues?

Also I have checked someone else’s website (Fried Hustle) and they use the square online with weeby. (I knew it because it linked to squaresite.com) 

Their site allowed me to change the dates and time at the first page.

can someone help me to set up that way?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Admin

Hey @TKMelbourne,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

I had not previously heard of any changes here, however I took a further look and it appears there is now an option to have "Change Time" at the top of the page as long as your Order page is set to "Order Online (Restaurant Features)":

If it's not already set to this go to "Category Pages" and hit "..." to change the Template:

This adds the section to the top of your orders page that you saw on Fried Hustle's website:

If you want to replicate Fried Hustle's setup you can make the Order page your home page - though the "Change Time" option will appear on the orders page regardless of if it's your home page or not:

Hope this helps and thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Hi @Seamus 

Thank you for your reply.

i have tried your instructions, mine is already set up as a restaurant. And it doesn’t show the ‘change time’ click.

i think the fried hustle site is set up for ‘pick up’ ? Is that the reason why they show the click icon to be able to change the dates and time?

our site is only set up for delivery, not pick up. And it doesn’t show the click icon.

can weebly work on these issues?

please let us know.

thank you.

Admin

@TKMelbourne,

Right, thanks for clarifying - I'll again pass on your feedback.

I wonder if this might actually be a feature in the process of being built - I can see that the "Delivery" option is there after pressing "Change Time" - it's currently greyed out though:

I'll see if I can get any further advice here!

Hi @Seamus

thank you that would be great, please let me know how you go. I’ve been contacting the square team over 2-3months to sort this issue. Thank you.