x
Hillside

Feature Request: Invoice groups

A simple way to help those who print invoices is to automatically link those with unpaid invoices as a group in the customer directory— like card on file and regulars. 

This will allow quicker ability to mail merge for labels to place on envelopes. 

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: Feature Request: Invoice groups

Best Answer

Hello @Hillside

This is an interesting feature request. I went ahead and moved it to our feature request board so other seller's with similar ideas can view it! I don't have a timeline on when this feature might be available, but if I hear anything I'll make sure to update this thread! 

Message 2 of 11
10 Replies
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Hillside

This is an interesting feature request. I went ahead and moved it to our feature request board so other seller's with similar ideas can view it! I don't have a timeline on when this feature might be available, but if I hear anything I'll make sure to update this thread! 

Message 2 of 11
Hillside

This is becoming very frustrating!!!!!! It takes me forever to print my labels because square doesn’t put address on invoices!!!! 

Get on this please!!!!

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Hi @Hillside

It sounds like you're looking to request Shipping Address for your customers through a Square Invoice.

This is something that's currently available, as you can check the "Request Shipping Address" box when you create a new invoice. 

Let me know if I'm misunderstanding your post, or if you have any other questions. 

Message 4 of 11
Hillside

We send our bills through mail and some emails. A lot of our customers do not have emails. We use to use Quickbooks for statements but wanted to do everything through Square. The problems are--- 

-You can't print all invoices at once or pick a group of them (They need a print all or certain ones option)

-When I "mail merge" to print labels for those who owe because you have to add and subtract them from a group each time. Takes tooooo much time. Need a group that updates on its own when people owe. Just like reachable, card on file, etc. 

-Need ability to partially pay invoices. TOOOOOOOO much time to seperate and resend. We have sooooo many customers that only pay half or they send a check for the incorrect amount. Need to figure this out!!!! 

-Need ability to add new charges to previous invoices through POS platform!!!! When you click add customer, they should have an option to add to invoice # or something like that! 

I wish someone would take these issues seriously!!! I am trying to make the platform better for everyone, so they in turn can get more customers. 

Message 5 of 11
Hillside

NO ANSWER ABOUT INVOICES

Our employees are truly suffering from Square NOT updating their inovice features! Everything else seems to work great, however, the invoices are becoming outdated and so unefficent.

I've submitted request several times and received no answer in return. 

Please take the request seriously on the community boards. 

Partial payments should be a top priority and release soon. 

I will be glad to discuss with anyone! I feel this would be easy to fix.

Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
Admin

Re: NO ANSWER ABOUT INVOICES

Hi @Hillside - Sorry our team wasn't able to answer your other post. I've noticed that you've posted a few times about Invoices feature requests. I really appreciate the time you've taken out to share your use cases and ideal feature functionality for Invoices. However, after a certain point, we don't have any more updates to share because we don't have any more information or can't share timelines.

Feature requests are definitely tricky because we've seen frustration for many different reasons when something isn't implemented or isn't built quickly enough. Our Invoices team is very aware that there is a long list of feature functionality our merchants, including yourself, desire. I've shared your comments with our product manager for Invoices a few times in fact. 

Partial payments is actually a pretty complicated feature to implement (I think Rohini went into the process in a previous thread I shared with you) and that's why we haven't had any timeline update for a while. Since this is such a long standing feature request, we will definitely share any updates that we receive. Thanks for your patience. 

Message 7 of 11
Hillside

Invoices biggest growth area!

Please fix!!! These are huge!!!!

-Ability for customer to partially make payments on invoices 

-Ability to group under customers for unpaid invoices 

-Abilty to print all unpaid invoices 

-Address on invoices 

-Ability to merge invoices or when creating invoices click add to invoice #

Message 8 of 11
FCR

Re: Invoices biggest growth area!

We would love the ability for customer to make partial payments. When I have a customer that wants to pay only part of their invoice, I have to create smaller invoices in those amounts. Luckily, it only takes a few seconds to create each invoice, but it would be great to have the partial payment option.

Message 9 of 11
Admin

Re: Invoices biggest growth area!

Hi @Hillside - I've merged your requests over here so that we're able to track all of them in one place. 

Unfortunately, I don't have any updates to share with you at this time. However, we will post information as we learn more. 

Are you able to elaborate a bit more as to how you would envision all of these features working? That will help when I share these with the invoices team. 

Message 10 of 11