x

Feature Request - Item Packages / Bundles / Grouping

Feature Request - Item Packages / Bundles / Grouping

I'd like to suggest a feature of Grouping items together into "Packages" so that when I'm selling a client a standard set of items all i need to do is select the package that applies and then if necessary go into that package and modify the item based on if the client wants more or less, or a different variation/modifier on that item

Kind Regards,

Nathan

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request - Item Packages / Bundles / Grouping

Hi Sellers 👋,

We're excited to share that we have recently launched Bundles with Square for Retail Plus!

If you missed it, you can read our announcement here. This feature allows you to combine multiple components into one item bundle and sell those items together while still having the ability to track inventory of the individual components.

This feature is currently available in all regions for Square for Retail Plus sellers. We’ll also be adding this feature for Square Online Plus sellers sometime later in August.

Have a read-through of the linked articles and don't hesitate to reach out to us with any further questions!

89 Comments
Admin

Hey @n_hunter,

Thanks for your feedback!

I agree that having item "packages" would be quite a handy feature that would work in a number of different scenarios for different businesses. While I don't have any info as to if this is a planned feature or not, I'm passing your feedback on to our product team for consideration.

All the best!

Yes! Thats exactly what I was coming here to ask about....

We now use square for our entire business including at craft shows and our website so inventory levels are extremely important... We sell yarns and craft supplies. We want to be able to put multiple items into a 'group' to sell as a kit... I want to keep our inventory correct and this would help. Sometimes we sell a ball of yarn in a specific colour on its own, so I have it set up as an item. Then sometimes I want to make up a kit so they get 1 or 2 balls of yarn and a pattern book and some knitting needles. Is it possible to add the group with a discount so my individual items inventory stays correct...?

Beta Member

Hi there,

I'm wanting to sell products in bundles, whether it's something I pre-configure or that the buyer can choose.

Some examples:

- I would like to offer a product where the buyer can choose any X products with unique SKUs.

- I would like to offer a 'hybrid' product, where I effectively create a new product from existing products with unique SKUs.

In both of these cases, the inventory would automatically be updated.  Not using POS at the moment due to Covid, but having this ability in POS would be great too.

At present, I'm working around this by manually updating the inventory, which is a bit painful.

Thanks!

Admin

Hey @Josie-DVH,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing us with this feedback!

Item bundles is currently a feature request we're tracking - I've moved your post to this thread so we can track all requests for this feature in the one place.

The ability to group items as bundles isn't currently available, however it has been a popular request and I will update this thread if I hear of any changes or new features for bundling items!

Beta Member

Awesome, thanks for the update Seamus!  Fingers crossed it makes it in as a feature soon!

Cheers,

Josie

Hi, I have a yarn shop and we sell single balls of wool and knitting needles in many variations with SKU added to each.

We also sell kits that include all these items too, and would like to create an item with variations using the same SKU for our kits.

Can this be done so that it tracks inventory levels accurately? I’ve attempted it but the duplicate SKU comes up in a red text warning message & stock levels don’t add its when selling fro the duplicate SKU item.

We want to sell our kits in the shop POS and also online.

Thanks Nikki 

Sorry - if this sounds confusing.... I want to make it clear that we want to find a way to sell the same single SKU items also as added components in kits. 

Admin

Hey @millandmake,

Thanks for your messages! I've merged your topic into this thread for tracking purposes - at the moment item bundling is not a feature of our Point of Sale app, however this is a feature request we're tracking in this thread.

I've also found some workarounds posted by @Tom on our US Seller Community forum, I've copied these below:

1. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply an overall discount.
    Pro: Allows you to track the inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special.
    Con: You would have to ring up the 3-for-$20 special as a separate transaction. Otherwise, the discount will apply to the entire sale.

2. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply the discount to each of the three items.
    Pro: Allows you to track inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special and ring up additional items in a single transaction.
    Con: More of a manual process that may increase the length of time to complete a sale.

3. Create a "3-for-$20 Special" item.
    Pro: It's fast and since the price would be locked, you can add it to a sale with other items.
    Con: You wouldn't be able to track each individual item within included with the "3-for-$20 Special" item.

Read more about applying discounts here. Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions or feel free to reach out to support on 1800 760 137

Thanks for your reply. It’s kind of what I figured out. Let’s hope they can get this functionality happening soon 👍🏼

Hi we have created new food and drinks bundle eg Mini Share board with Free Juice, 
Mini sharedboard comes under food category, when i print order it is not giving an option to split order Food for Kitchen and Juice for juicebar printer