x

Feature Request - Item Packages / Bundles / Grouping

Feature Request - Item Packages / Bundles / Grouping

I'd like to suggest a feature of Grouping items together into "Packages" so that when I'm selling a client a standard set of items all i need to do is select the package that applies and then if necessary go into that package and modify the item based on if the client wants more or less, or a different variation/modifier on that item

Kind Regards,

Nathan

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request - Item Packages / Bundles / Grouping

Hi Sellers 👋,

We're excited to share that we have recently launched Bundles with Square for Retail Plus!

If you missed it, you can read our announcement here. This feature allows you to combine multiple components into one item bundle and sell those items together while still having the ability to track inventory of the individual components.

This feature is currently available in all regions for Square for Retail Plus sellers. We’ll also be adding this feature for Square Online Plus sellers sometime later in August.

Have a read-through of the linked articles and don't hesitate to reach out to us with any further questions!

89 Comments
Admin

Hey @pecafe,

At the moment item bundles is a feature request we're tracking for Square's Point of Sale app.

If you have made an item that represents a bundle of other items, there's no way to tell the system the item is made of other items. You unfortunately won't be able to do things like separate category printing between printers, or count individual item inventory numbers.

There are a few workarounds we recommend in this thread, I've moved your post here as a way of tracking all requests for this feature in one place.

The one I'd probably recommend the most in your scenario is to add the individual items to a transaction then apply a discount for the bundle - this will hopefully mean that you can charge the right price for the bundle while also being able to direct different categories to print tickets at different printer stations.

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Dear Square,

please introduce memberships and package options! I run a skincare studio and have been patiently waiting for these features for 2 years and nothing 😞

Its extremely difficult to keep track of packages bought and facial memberships.

Please please please get on this!

Thank you!

Agree, i often sell both online and in person using Square for bundled items and I can’t manage my inventory, so having a bundle that updated the stock would be perfect.

I desperately need this feature and am really surprised it's not part of square.  So many people use this.  In my case, I sell jams and crochet homegoods.  I have five flavours of jam and want to sell them as a gift hamper (one of each flavour).  I have to set the gift hamper as a separate item and then manually adjust my stock of the individual flavours each time I sell a hamper.  Or I have to create a discount but that does not work for online sales as people want to know they're buying the actual gift hamper and not just getting a discount on five jars of jam.   Please add this feature!

Admin

Thanks for adding your voice @LongDogWool!

While I don't have any news to share on if or when item bundling may launch as a feature for Square, I will make sure you tag you in an update if I hear of any changes here. I agree that bundling would be very useful for Square Sellers and I hope it's something we are able to integrate in the future.

In the meantime, have you tried the discounts workaround listed at the top of the thread at all? Would this help at all in the meantime?

Thank you!  I have but it won’t work for online where I want to sell a gift hamper of all five jams in a presentation box.  

Admin

Got you @LongDogWool!

I'm not sure if coupons would be of any help here, but may be worth checking out - they perform a similar function for Square Online as discounts do in Square Point of Sale.

I have added an item to my website to purchase pre-made meals, I'm wanting to offer a bundle option for customers to select the varieties they want, for example, pick your own 5 meals. Is there a way my customers can select multiple items to bundle together?  I have worked out how to add multiple options to the one item but on the customer-facing side, they can only select ONE option not multiple. Thank you. 

Admin

Hey @AJones13,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community 👋

At the moment item bundles are not directly available - I've moved your post to this feature request where we are tracking feedback for bundles.

Take a look at the top answer in this post for a few different workarounds, hopefully one of these can work in the meantime! I should also clarify whether you're using Square Point of Sale or Square Online here - the above workarounds are for Point of Sale. For Square Online we recommend using Coupons as a workaround.

I'm told by the support centre that this isn't available. Wanted to post it here to see if it got enough traction for Square to add a feature to support it.

We make cookies. There are 4 flavours. All the same price. I can put them all in Square as individual items, however we also want to sell them as boxes, where the customer can buy a box of 2 cookies or a box of 4. They choose the flavours. 

I'd also like to track the items. I have used modifiers to do a similar thing before, however I can't track modifier stock levels.