x

Feature Request: Change locations without logging out

Beta Member

Feature Request: Change locations without logging out

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to change locations on iPad?

I use the same iPad for different "locations".   The only way I can see to change locations is to log off and then log back in and choose the location I want. Is there a way to change locations while logged in?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Change locations without logging out

@Bradsfood 

We're happy to announce a new account feature: Mobile Location Switching! 🙌

Read more about the update here.

143 Comments

I left feedback in the App store on an Apple device saying the app works well, but they really need to add the feature of being able to switch locations without requiring us to sign out every.single.time. 

They have added it to the virtual terminal on their website, but have not added to the App, which I'm guessing is what the majority of people use. 

Come on Square, make this easier for us! 

Super Seller Alumni

I think this is a great idea and I’d love to see this too!

Super Seller

yup, been asking for it for 5+ years.  would make life so much easier. 

I have a workaround that is working quite well as long as you only need 2 locations and your employees are smart enough to realize what app they are in.

you can run both the Square POS AppStore version and the Square POS beta version and have each signed into a different account.  works great for me as we have our retail in the Beta and the wholesale in the AppStore version.

Hello @rmncldma

I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the feature request board. I definitely see how this could improve your experience and save time. From here we will track feedback from other Square Sellers requesting this feature. If there are any updates a member of the Community Team will make a comment on the thread! 🙂

Super Seller Alumni

Just another vote for a simple way to change locations 😉

This function would be great, got 2 location and been charging people to the other location!

Btw, each location hold different type/category of business....lol

It would be weird to get an auto service and e-receipt for copy/print service -_-

Please light up this feature to be accessible without logging on and off!

Thanks

We request this also. Appointments used to have this functionality and now it seems to have gone away, but it would be more than helpful in both apps. 

I too would like to see the option of changing locations without having to log out completely. You were asking previously why....We vend at craft fairs, flea markets, etc.  We have 3 square readers going to the same bank/main company and sometimes we are at three different events at one time and thus can have 3 different tax structures going at the same time and sometimes we share tax structures (2 at the same show) at the same show and sometimes we have a "floater" that may be in 2 different shows on the same day..    It would make things much easier if we could easily seperate income and taxes by easily being able to see where revenue is coming from.  As it is now it is not easily done.  It should be as easy as choosing on one screen which "store location" you are selling for.  I assumed my "location" was seperate from my partners-because I never changed it, but have found out it somehow reverted to the main location and now we have a mess and don't really know wher revenue/taxes are to go to.  When I log on to square-there is no where it tells me which location I am...or at least not that I can see.  (The location I thought I was using is greyed out in one place after digging into many screens)  (I am using an I-Phone app not an I Pad.)

Admin

Hey @ShearPerfection, thanks for checking on this and sorry for the frustration. I went to look for any developments that we can share out, but was unable to uncover any updates since Chad's last reply.

Hopefully, @VanKalkerFarms' workaround can help you in the meantime. Please do keep in touch and let us know if any other questions come up.

Beta Member

Any update when this will be made easier? It's very annoying to have to switch between accounts. This is a pretty basic feature in most apps.