x
rmncldma

Feature Request: Location switch without signing out

I left feedback in the App store on an Apple device saying the app works well, but they really need to add the feature of being able to switch locations without requiring us to sign out every.single.time. 

They have added it to the virtual terminal on their website, but have not added to the App, which I'm guessing is what the majority of people use. 

Come on Square, make this easier for us! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Pesso Super Seller

Re: Feature Request: Location switch without signing out

I think this is a great idea and I’d love to see this too!

Message 2 of 8
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

yup, been asking for it for 5+ years.  would make life so much easier. 

I have a workaround that is working quite well as long as you only need 2 locations and your employees are smart enough to realize what app they are in.

you can run both the Square POS AppStore version and the Square POS beta version and have each signed into a different account.  works great for me as we have our retail in the Beta and the wholesale in the AppStore version.

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hello @rmncldma

I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the feature request board. I definitely see how this could improve your experience and save time. From here we will track feedback from other Square Sellers requesting this feature. If there are any updates a member of the Community Team will make a comment on the thread! 🙂

Message 4 of 8
ShearPerfection

We request this also. Appointments used to have this functionality and now it seems to have gone away, but it would be more than helpful in both apps. 

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey @ShearPerfection, thanks for checking on this and sorry for the frustration. I went to look for any developments that we can share out, but was unable to uncover any updates since Chad's last reply.

Hopefully, @VanKalkerFarms' workaround can help you in the meantime. Please do keep in touch and let us know if any other questions come up.

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Tidewatercafes

Is there a way to switch locations without logging out and back in each time

We use square for our cafes deliveries. 2 locations.  Anyway to switch locations without completely logging out each time. Each cafe location has it's own bank acct so we like keeping payments separate. 

Message 7 of 8
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

Re: Is there a way to switch locations without logging out and back in each time

currently, there is not a way to fast switch between locations.

If you only have 2 you can use the method that we do.  I run our retail side of our business thru the app store version, and I run the wholesale side of our business thru the Beta client.  you can be logged into a location in each client.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5330-square-point-of-sale-beta-for-ios

Message 8 of 8