x

Feature Request: Multilingual / multiple languages for Square Online sites

Feature Request: Multilingual / multiple languages for Square Online sites

Hi,

Does Square support to build a multilingual online store?

Thanks.

30 Comments

I like to use eCommerce by square.

But I need multiple languages for customer.

Seems only one language for whole website setting.

Can anyone help me to find out the solution? Thanks.

Square Community Moderator

Hi @MichaelTsai and welcome to the Seller Community! This is currently a feature request and unfortunately there isn't a way to have more than one language setting for your online store. I can see how this feature could benefit our sellers and I will send the feedback to our Development team. Thank you!

Admin

Hey @wangjueliang,

At the moment having multiple languages is not a feature of Square Online store, however you can create multiple websites now - you could build a new website for each language you wanted to support. Other than that I don't have a workaround, however will pass your feedback on as a feature request.

Thanks Seamus!

Does that mean the different websites will have a different URL I guess?

Cheers,

Admin

@wangjueliang they would - though you could set up a home page at the main URL with links to the other sites, so that all traffic can flow through the same original domain if you have a specific URL you want to use to direct customers to your website(s)!

Hello everyone,

As I am operating in Quebec, it's important to have both a french and english version of our websites. 

Is there an option / feature where users can select their language preferences? 

Thanks in advance! 

Leon

Admin

There isn't currently a way to do that outside of creating individual sites for each language, @dumplingnation. However, I'm merging your post into a feature request thread about this so you can get easily updated if that changes.

Same here in Quebec, we need multilingual support  ASAP

Is it possible to duplicate a site to then set that copy to another language? Instead of creating a new site from scratch? Thank you!

Admin

@AlinaVH I've taken a look and unfortunately this doesn't seem possible at the moment. Though I can see how that option would save you a lot of additional work in this scenario!

I'll forward your feedback to our eCommerce team, unfortunately I don't have an elegant workaround to suggest in the meantime!