x

Feature Request: Multilingual / multiple languages for Square Online sites

Feature Request: Multilingual / multiple languages for Square Online sites

Hi,

Does Square support to build a multilingual online store?

Thanks.

30 Comments

Totally agree! It does not make sens... it's part of best practice now...

Is Square/weebly looking at a solution for multilanguage support?

You could have 2 Square Online website site linked to the same Square account inventory?

Admin

Hey @PepeJF, you certainly can 🙂

Check this article for more on managing your inventory with multiple websites!

Beta Member

Seriously, the incentive to use Square Online was a less painstaking way for our online store to match up with our physical store inventory, but it seems the devs don’t care that many businesses ( like pretty much all Canadian businesses) need to operate in more than just English. Square telling their clients to fork over for a 2nd subscription and the time and money it takes to make an entire other website to be able to sell in two languages is offensive, unproductive and simply unprofessional. All your competitors offer this feature at no extra cost, so get going already 

I tried to work around the issue by making spanish versions of all the pages on the website, with a link in the top navigation possibly as a button, to switch between the english and spanish versions, but unfortunately the top navigation can not be changed for individual pages and is site wide so there is no way to have a seamless experience.  The top nav is either going to be english or spanish becuase i can only have one.

Does anyone know of a workaround?  I did call square tech support and they seemed willing to help me but then we were suddenly disconnected and they did not call back even though they have my email and phone number.  And I don't have 20 minutes to wait again to explain my problem to a new person right now so i will have to just try that another day...

Have any of you have found a solution to this and know how i can have a bilingual website so my customers may switch between english and spenish?  Do I have to pay for two bloody square websites when i really only need one? 

Admin

Hey @MelysFlowers,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Multilingual websites are yet to release with Square Online, though it's something we're tracking feedback on and hope to be able to provide in the future.

In the meantime though, you can create multiple website with your existing Square Online account - there shouldn't be any additional charges to do this! Read more on creating multiple sites here and let me know if you have any questions 🙂

My square dashboard is in English. I am using weebly for my website but the default setting are set to Spanish. Does anyone know how to change this? 

Bravo Femme_Mecanique

This is so true. it is very shameful, offensive and unprofessional. This feature is default for Magento (Adobe commerce), free plugin is available for Woocommerce, free plugin for Shopify, it exists in Squarespace etc but in Square online store it just doesn't exist????

HEY PEOPLE FROM SQUARE! LISTEN! Trust me, this is maybe the most important feature request to make! You are loosing a lot of clients, covid pandemic made e-commerce global and multilingual website is out of utmost importance.

Thank you for your attention.

CAN'T BELIEVE MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT ISN'T SUPPORTED AT THIS POINT! WILL NEED TO CHANGE PLATFORM!