x

Feature Request: Notifications when employees clock in and out

Feature Request: Notifications when employees clock in and out

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Employee clock-in/out notifications?

I've checked the app and I don't see any way to do this so I will ask - does Square have a way for me to know when employees clock in and out from the mobile app? If I am away from the office I want to know when employees are clocking in and out.

Square needs to develop a tool that will let me know when employees clock in and out; especially because my employees have the ability to clock in on their phones. It's just added security that I would like to have. When a client clocks in or out/I should get a text or email or some sort of notification. Just a suggestion.  

1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Employee clock-in/out notifications?

Thanks for your post, @DripTampa, and welcome to the seller community!

At this time, the ability to send text notifications for when your employees clock in and out isn't available. So that I can share a bit more insight with our Employee Management Team, any chance you can reply with some more details on why this feature would be helpful for your business?

For now, you can view your employee's attendance from your online Square Dashboard. More on this is available in our Support Center: Manager Timecard Controls.

Hope this helps for now. 🙂

16 Comments
Super Seller

a little clarification on your question.  are you looking to see when someone makes a sale in Square or to use it like a time clock to count their hours worked?

The time clock is already a feature of Square, to use the time clock feature to track hours worked you can use employee management.  that will give you time clock and a lot of other features like tracking sales per employee.

as for per sale there are email notifications that you can set in your Square settings.  and you can use IF This Then That integration to get more notifications, but that is a more hands-on approach to learn.  also more info here https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5359-ifttt-and-square

How can I recieve a text notification when my employees clock-in & out?

Admin

Thanks for your post, @DripTampa, and welcome to the seller community!

At this time, the ability to send text notifications for when your employees clock in and out isn't available. So that I can share a bit more insight with our Employee Management Team, any chance you can reply with some more details on why this feature would be helpful for your business?

For now, you can view your employee's attendance from your online Square Dashboard. More on this is available in our Support Center: Manager Timecard Controls.

Hope this helps for now. 🙂

I agree.  We are using Square Payroll.  It would be great to get a notification on the phone when an employee clocks in and out.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @Jeff69 thank you for sharing your feedback. I can definitely see how this feature would be useful to business owners and will share it with our Development team. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

I would love to be able to get a notification when employees clock in. I own two small shops and only have one employee working for the day at each location. This is a much needed feature because if an employee doesn't show up for work on time (or at all) without letting me know, the shop remains closed. A notification of clock in would be so helpful rather than manually looking at time cards every morning to make sure things are running smoothly.

Alumni

@thesparrowsnest Happy to see your first post in the Community. Thanks for sharing your request to the team. 

I found a similar thread where other Sellers are asking for the same thing. Merging you for tracking. 

Beta Member

Is there a way to set up Teams Plus to send email or txt notifications to Managers when employees clock in and/or out. If someone is supposed to open for the day it would be good to be notified when they clock-in - that way if they are late or don't show you would know right away.

Square Community Moderator

Hi! This is currently a feature request. I've merged your post to an existing thread so we can keep all the feedback in one place, but should be able to still sign into your Square Dashboard to view when an employee clocks in. I know it isn't the immediate alert you were asking for, but it can still help manage the timeliness of the business. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

Beta Member

This would be a fantastic addition. I have a team of 10 and need to know when they're clocking in/out, since we all work at different locations. There isn't a mobile friendly app, so if I am on the go (which is common) I can't check to see who clocked in and when. I need to make sure that our different jobs throughout the day are getting done, so this would be a huge help for myself and my team.