x

Feature Request - Pay for pickup and delivery orders in person with cash

Feature Request - Pay for pickup and delivery orders in person with cash

Hi - this is close to my experience, Im not using Online but have just purchased Register and so far so good. I'd love to be able to set Orders with a Non-Paid Status. I am a retail bakery and have lots of weekly / daily orders however my customers dont usually pay until they come in to pick up. I can use a Payment Type of "Other Payment Type" however then square thinks its already paid, but it's not. Can I delay payment until pick up (I guess like tickets can delay payment)?

Thanks 🙂

7 Comments
Admin

Hey @BakerST,

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

I moved your comment into its own new thread so we can continue tracking requests for cash-based orders here.

At the moment the only way to order ahead for pickup is via a Square Online website with a payment card, though I can see how this feature would be very handy to have if you have customers used to paying with cash for pickups!

So I can better understand your workflow here, are these pickup orders coming from over the phone? Are you also doing cash on delivery?

Hi - thanks for your reply.

I dont really do deliveries.

Our orders might be weekly standing orders or yeah, come in via phone or email. The only way I can see to do it is to place the order (via Register) and pay for it with "Other Payment Type" and then put through a separate generic cash or card sale, although that will double up on our sales I guess.

Would really like to get rid of our paper diary / order book!!!

Thanks

Rebecca

Admin

@BakerST I do have one possible workaround you can try - it wouldn't be as elegant a solution as the Order section, and I'm not 100% sure if it will work for your situation, but it's something you could try.

1. If you're not already using them, set up Open Tickets

2. When someone places a phone or email order, start an Open Ticket (you can name the ticket as the customer's name if you wanted!)

3. When the customer comes in to pick up the order, the customer can pay in person which will then close off the Open Ticket

A couple of things to note:

- You don't want open tickets to become too large (eg have 100+ items added to them) - they're deigned to be used in scenarios where a customer might be adding new orders to their table over the course of a single dining session

- Be careful not to accidentally delete the tickets in the meantime!

Hope this helps - let me know if this is a workable solution or if you have any questions 🙂

Thanks for that, however a cant set a date for open tickets - ie. I've got a "open ticket order' for 15 may..... The best option is delay payment for an order so would love to see that functionality.

Admin

@BakerST got you - Open Tickets are only useful in this scenario if the order is coming in and being fulfilled on the same day. We'll continue tracking this feature request here for Australia!

Any news on this? I am in the exact same situation- a bakery with many in-store orders for days or weeks in advance, more often than not, paid on collection.

Open tickets isn’t a suitable solution as I need it to feed into Upcoming Orders, so I know what I need to make, and when for.

I can’t use ‘other payment’ as it’s not clear which orders have been paid for and which are outstanding.

This feature would be invaluable to my business as it would eliminate the need for a clumsy and messy external system of hand-written whiteboard notes

Admin

No news at the moment @ATSB - we'll update this thread if we do have anything to share in the future.