x

Feature Request: Remove Promotion Code field from the eGift Card page.

I want to set up an egiftcard option, but during checkout it shows a MYDISCOUNT field.  This is great if you want to do a promotion, but I don't.  Is there a way for that field to go away if you are not offering a promotion?  I feel like a customer who was ready to purchase is now going to be looking for a discount that doesn't exist.  Now I feel pressured to offer discounts because it's right in the customer's face.  Is there away to make that field only visible if you are offering discounts/promotions?  Please help.

Message 1 of 18
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to get rid of the MYDISCOUNT/Promotion Code field on the egiftcard page?

Hello @mjcg00 welcome to the Seller Community! 

I know the promotion code field you're referring too. Also after reading your post I understand why you don't want this field displayed. Right now we don't have the ability to disable this field, so I've gone ahead and moved this thread to our feature request board.

From here we will track feedback from other sellers on this thread. If this is something we move forward with a member of the Community Team will update the thread. 🙂

17 REPLIES 17

Hello @mjcg00 welcome to the Seller Community! 

I know the promotion code field you're referring too. Also after reading your post I understand why you don't want this field displayed. Right now we don't have the ability to disable this field, so I've gone ahead and moved this thread to our feature request board.

From here we will track feedback from other sellers on this thread. If this is something we move forward with a member of the Community Team will update the thread. 🙂

Message 2 of 18
Beta Member

Agree -- we do not use the promo code and do not wish convey an incorrect message to our customers.  Please add features so that merchant can customize this page. Now all egift pages look the same!

Message 3 of 18

Please look into removing this promotion field.

We have eGift card promotions disabled, and yet the promotion field still appears. As a customer, this would make me hesitate to purchase a full-price gift card; however, our clinic never wants to offer a discount on a gift card.

No retailer for whom I've worked offers discounts on gift cards because these can later be used to purchase discounted goods; it's a compounded discount that makes for bad business.

We're hopeful that this feature will be addressed ASAP.

Message 4 of 18

I agree: it would be great to not have the Promotion Code field displayed at all unless we are using it. 

We do like the ability to offer a discount directly on the page, which we can do with the "Promotions" option. (Note, this is different than the "Promotion Codes" option.) We prefer the "Promotions" option because it is right there on the page, nothing else to do. The Promotion Code field may create doubt in potential customers that they are missing something and could be off-putting and frustrating when they spend their precious time searching for it and not finding it.  

Message 5 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi @FSheldon - We hear you here, and I've noted it your suggestions. Passing them along to our Product Team.

Thanks for your patience as we work on making this feature a reality. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 18

Please remove the MyDiscount/Promotion Code Field on the egiftcard page!!

As noted from the other posters, it should be an option. As a health care provider it looks awkward and tacky and puts doubt in the buyer's mind that they are missing out on a discount, and thereby having them hesitate to purchase. When buyers ask me about a discount code, it is embarrassing for me to say Square made a mistake on the page and won't take the field off. 

Please address this issue!

Message 7 of 18

Square is so good with adapting features, I am really surprised that the promo code issue hasn't been addressed after more than TWO YEARS!

I lost a sale today because of it. I man called wanting to get an e-gift card for a massage for his girlfriend for Valentines Day, and wanted a promo code for a discount.

I gently explained that there is no discount on e-gift cards, and he said then it shouldn't be an option. Thus, he felt like he was missing something and said he would purchase from another therapist. 

So that is one sale that I know for sure I lost out on and potential future revenue.  How many others that I don't know about?

Square, when is the MYDISCOUNT going to be taken off? 

Message 8 of 18

@ReneeMassage - Yes! I'm shocked and frankly, annoyed that Square hasn't done anything about this. It's bad for business.

Message 9 of 18

Please remove this field or allow a message to overwrite MYDISCOUNTCODE. Example: LEAVE BLANK.

Message 10 of 18

@Chad - We would love the ability to remove promo code from e-gift cards. Can you keep this at the top of your list? 

Thanks @mjcg00 for bringing it up!

Message 11 of 18

I am disappointed that the e-gift card page is not customizable. I would like to removed the promo-code field, but apparently that is not possible.

Deal-breaker for me. I will never offer a promo code on gift certificates. I don't want clients thinking I do. I currently sell gift certificates through woo-commerce on my website, and will continue to do so until this is changed.

Is there a way to let me know when this gets updated?

Message 12 of 18

Yes! Please give the ability to remove the Promo-Code field!

I personally will never use this feature, and I don't want my customers thinking I do!

Message 13 of 18

Hi team, would it be possible to remove the promo code box from my egift card selling page? This box would be confusing/frustrating to my clients. Thank you!

Message 14 of 18
Alumni

Not possible I'm afraid but we're tracking this feature request on this thread I moved you to.

We'll circle back to update y'all if anything changes in the future. @GoTraitement

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 18

coupon code... ughhhh help me remove this? We use Square for Girl Scout cookie sales, mostly shares. We can't do promos. Please remove this? Thank you.

Message 16 of 18

Please give the option to remove the coupon code!

Message 17 of 18

Yes!!!!!!

Message 18 of 18