x

Remove Default Categories from Library

Remove Default Categories from Library

Having a set of default, unremovable categories that takes up more than 3/4 of the Library screen is untenable.  I'd wager the majority of Square users don't use Gift Cards or Rewards; a few probably use discounts and service charges.

We should have the ability to edit/remove/hide categories on the library screen.  As a Square user for both my personal business and as head (read: only) IT guy for a local nonprofit, being able to remove the useless-to-us categories would save me SO MUCH PAIN from volunteers getting "lost" because they hit the wrong category. 

(Yes, I created a for-dummies document that a lobotomized kindergartner could follow.  No, it didn't help.  Anyone who's worked with people will understand...there's always that one person who couldn't find their a** with both hands and a map, who throws up their hands, turns off their brain, and wails for help the second they get slightly confused.  Usually while you're elbow deep in something else, but their problem is the most important thing in the world!)

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Option to remove "Redeem Rewards" and/or "Gift Cards" from

I know they added more unwanted items on the main screen, but Square thinks by adding the one grid to our phone has helped. We are at farmers markets, craft shows and concessions where speed is key. We have our iPad set up grid style that helps. When I have a line and have to use my phone one grid are area doesn’t help. Make the option happen to turn off unnecessary items. We are a community asking of Square to please offer this as a way to speed up our transactions. For the love of pete sakes hear our words! We need a toggle to turn off those unwanted items! TOGGLE SWITCH TURN OFF ITEMS UNNEEDED!

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Option to remove "Redeem Rewards" and/or "Gift Cards" from

Now the “new” home screen has 5 lines of unneeded space hogs instead of 2 lines of useless functions.  On my phone (which is the ONLY way I use square) I can only see two of my items, but I have two scroll up to see my menu.  I work farmers markets where transaction speed in incredibly important, every step slows down sales.  It is hard to fathom that SQUARE could make the issue worse than it was.  

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Remove Redeem Rewards from Item List

Hi there!

The Redeem Rewards selection cannot be removed completely, however using your "Items Grid" you can customize what appears as available to select. 

Head over to our Support Center to read more about the Items Grid.

176 Comments

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Feature Request: Remove Redeem Rewards from Item List

We don't use rewards and never have.  Redeem Rewards now appears at the top of our item list.  I don't want it there.   How do I remove it.

Would like the same. We don't offer rewards either and I would like a way to remove it from the list

Square Community Moderator

Hi there!

The Redeem Rewards selection cannot be removed completely, however using your "Items Grid" you can customize what appears as available to select. 

Head over to our Support Center to read more about the Items Grid.

I use a smart phone, so the solution does not apply to me. The Rewards item in my Items List is at the top and takes up important space on my phone screen. Really need to be able to remove this.

If this forum works for feedback - count me in as wishing to remove the "rewards" from the top of my items list on mobile.  Will never use it yet it insists on being the top item on my list.

Same issue.  Suddenly showed up at top of the list.  Staff are constantly hitting it by accident, slowing down processing time.  Need to turn it off, or hide it, or at the very least, move it to the bottom of the list

Agree with all other posters. I'd like to be able to remove Rewards and Gift Cards from my All Items list, it's at the top, right in the way, on my phone.

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @PabloPaulo

There's nothing new to report as of right now, but if anything changes we'll post an update. 

Really need to be able to remove this! It makes no sense when have no rewards program, let alone at the very top of the list. When you're on a smartphone, screen real estate is scarce and extremely important. Please add an option to change this immediately! You can have it show the rewards item by default so you won't affect your users that do want it there.

I agree that this really needs to be removed.  I echo what everyone else said.  It's confusing and it clutters up the appearance.  There should be an easy way to customize what you want to have shown in that grid.  It doesn't seem like a hard fix.