x

Feature Request: Searchable field for 'Brand' or 'Manufacturer' for items (Retail and Online)

Feature Request: Searchable field for 'Brand' or 'Manufacturer' for items (Retail and Online)

It would be great to have a field to store the Brand or Manufacturer for items. Ideally this would be a field that you could filter by online or in the retail app to help narrow product searches.

We are currently employing a workaround using item sets but this is not ideal as it overwrites the usually more meaningful "Variation Name' field.

3 Comments

Hi, I'd really like to request this feature too! We run a fashion boutique and so the brands/labels we carry are quite important to signal our positioning and customers will often seek out a particular brand. The current workaround we use is just to include the brand in the Item name so this is searchable but it is not filterable which is annoying.

Super Seller

Hi Guys,

The only way I can see this as possible in the current environment is creating a new Category in the website editor > Items > Site Category > Add Category.

Once there you can add a brand "Nike" and add all the Nike items. add Adidas and all the adidas items

then go and create a new page on your website called "Brands" and organise your page by site category and then you would be able to select which category to show on that page.

Just remember that Items can belong to multiple categories on your website.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Chris

www.blueseafishshop.com.au

Square Community Moderator

Thank you for adding your vote to this feature request, @MsPixie. As an online shopper, I understand that shoppers might filter their search by brand, and see how useful this feature would be for your Square Online store. The workaround @dimo10 shared could be a solution while we continue advocating for this feature request. Thank you for sharing!