x

Feature Request: Select Items to automatically display notes in checkout

Feature Request: Select Items to automatically display notes in checkout

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Ability to add Notes in Sales Item Transaction on Square Terminal

Hi,

It appears that an Item with a Variation automatically takes you to the screen where you can add a Note to the Item Sale as part of the sales process. However an Item without a Variation doesn't automatically take you to the screen where you can add a Note to the Item Sales - you need to add in the additional step when in the Review Screen to click on the item which'll give the screen that allows adding a Note. It would be good to able to select which items (without variations) to show the Notes screen as part of the sales process. Talking with Square Support, it appears that Modifiers has this option however not in the Square Terminal space - only online.

Let me know if the above is not clear.

Please note we are using Square Terminal.

0 Likes
1 Comment
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MBSLSC,

Thanks for reaching back out!

I know what you mean - when you select an item with a variation on your Square Terminal, you have the option to select the variation, and adding a note is a part of this screen. On Square Online, the text modifier box allows your customers to leave a note on their online order. However, the ability to select items without variations, to automatically add the note option would be a feature request, so I've moved this post onto our feature request board for tracking. We'll let you know about any updates in this thread!