x

Feature Request: Allow option to create questionnaire for staff during clock in or out

Beta Member

Feature Request: Allow option to create questionnaire for staff during clock in or out

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Is Square working on a feature to require an automated health questionnaire at Employee Clock-In?

Ive Seen a couple other scheduling/time management apps implement something like this and I thing it’s brilliant.

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Set up answerable questions during clock-in

Hey @LUCevents-

Unfortunately, we do not have this kind of customization available for clock-in/clock-out. It's a great idea though! I'll make sure to pass it along to our Product Teams.

However, with Team Plus, team members do have the ability to add notes to their timecard when clocking in or out to provide more context into what happened during their shift (e.g. someone arriving late or leaving early).

To add a note to a timecard:

1. From the Checkout screen of the Square app, tap Clock In/Out.

2. Enter your four digit personal passcode.

3. Tap Clock In or End Shift

4. Tap Add Notes > Enter any applicable notes.

5. Save.

10 Comments

I submitted the same question a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard back. I got a message saying the question was elevated to a Level 2 but I don't know what that means. It sure would be helpful to have this feature.

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @xgolfrochester - thanks for reaching out here on this thread and adding your voice.

Did you submit your request here on the Seller Community or did you reach out to our Support Team directly? This sounds like a helpful addition to employee tracking during the age of Covid, and I appreciate you adding your voice in support.

Any updates on this? We are looking for this solution, and Homebase has it, but can not find it in Square. Trying to avoid switching over our time clock functionality completely

Hey there, @offsetcoffee

Thank you for checking in about this Feature Request. I don't have an update on adding a health questionnaire.

I will add your voice to this request! This is great feedback for the current climate our sellers are facing. 

Hi there,

With COVID, we'd like to be able to ask employees a set of questions that they can answer when they clock ing.  For example, checkboxes they can click next to statement like "I am currently having no symptoms of illness" or "I have not knowingly spent time with anyone with COVID in the last 7 days" etc.  Rather than having to print out a bunch of paper that they fill out and sign, it would be really convenient if they could check those boxes when they clock in.  Is this something that we have the ability to customize at clock-in on our POS?

Admin

Hey @LUCevents-

Unfortunately, we do not have this kind of customization available for clock-in/clock-out. It's a great idea though! I'll make sure to pass it along to our Product Teams.

However, with Team Plus, team members do have the ability to add notes to their timecard when clocking in or out to provide more context into what happened during their shift (e.g. someone arriving late or leaving early).

To add a note to a timecard:

1. From the Checkout screen of the Square app, tap Clock In/Out.

2. Enter your four digit personal passcode.

3. Tap Clock In or End Shift

4. Tap Add Notes > Enter any applicable notes.

5. Save.

Hi, can I add custom messages or questionnaire about sexual harassment before my employees end their shifts?

if anything happened during their shift, I would like to know right away and resolve the situation.

Thank you in advance. 

Hi there, @VeganLinda - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community. Happy to have you join us! 

As our Employee Management software stands currently, we do not offer a formal prompt for employees to be asked a question when clocking in or out for their shift. This would be considered a Feature Request that I can pass along to our Product Management Teams for future consideration. 

Are these type of potential harassment events happening often enough to warrant a response check-in after every shift?

@Joe 

Thank you so much for your quick response and hard work. Please pass along the feature request to your Product Management Team. I heard of businesses that practice such measurement to prevent any potential harassment lawsuits. 
Personally I have witnessed businesses go down because of harassment lawsuits. 

Will do, @VeganLinda! Thanks again!