x

Square Appointments - allowing certain services on specific days only?

Square Appointments - allowing certain services on specific days only?

Without adding a staff member (and so upgrading at $50/mo) to split services offered, is there a way to specify services only bookable on specific days?

We need service "A" available M-W / F-Sat and service "B" available only on Thursdays.  I am the only staff and providing both service A and B.  

2 Verified Answers
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Set service appointments to only be available on certain days

Hi @dbaileyphoto - thanks for taking the time to give context to your situation. I think I am understanding you here, but if my answer seems to miss the mark - please let me know! 😅

While service based availability would be considered a feature request, there would be a work-around in this case. You could create an "Employee" and name it after the service you are looking to offer. This "Employee" could be tailored to have availability on specific days, while your normal service could have offered availability on separate times. 

I hope this is helpful! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our Product Team. 

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments - How can I show specific services offered at specific times?

Hello @beauty4600! This is a really good question. So we don't have a setting to limit this automatically, but I do have a couple workarounds.

You could create multiple staff members and name them "Women AM week 1" and "Men PM week 1". Then you would create personal events for each staff member to limit when the appointments could be booked. 

The only downside to this is you'll end up paying $50 dollars a month since you would have to setup 4 staff members in your case. 

My other suggestion is to create the services and make sure they're very detailed about who can book and when. Then set your Reservation Guarantee so you have to accept all incoming appointments so you could vet each one. This one requires a bit of manual work and you would have to check it regularly, so you could free up booking time if an appointment was booked incorrectly. 

If you still have questions please feel free to reach out! 

74 Comments
Beta Member

Problem

We are a hair salon and have cosmetologists who do hair & nails. Because of limited chairs, some stylists provide only nail services on some days and then hair & nail services on the rest of their scheduled days. Our current work-around is to create another profile for the stylist such as Morrisa Nails. But then it is confusing for clients who are scheduled with Morissa on a Nails + Hair day and they go to move their nail appointment online - they don't see the other days available for nails for this provider. Additionally, it clogs up the desktop schedule, which we constantly have open so we can manage the day of the salon.

How Might We

How might we create service flexibility so that staff members who provide several services do not have to create 2 profiles? The current work-around is not intuitive for clients. How might we make it easier for clients to schedule and move appointments online with their service provider who provides a mix of specific services on specific days?

On Monday, Wednesday , Fri I book certain services . On Tuesdays and Thursdays I only want to allow A certain service to be booked .  How do I set that up? 

Square Community Moderator

Hi! Welcome to the Seller Community!! I've merged your post to an existing thread that will help answer your question, but please let me know if you would like me to answer anything else. 🙂

I have the same needs others have described, making services available on only certain days of the week or changing price by day. I have created two instances of the same service at different prices, but there is no way to restrict either to weekdays or weekends. Merely marking it "WEEKDAY" as suggested does not prevent errant booking, just creates more work when it's booked for the wrong day.

This seems like a feature which would be applicable to so many people. Any hint yet on when we can look for it? Thanks!

Square Community Moderator

Hi! Thanks so much for sharing your voice in this thread. I don't have any updates to share at the moment, but will certainly continue to share any feedback that comes through. 🙂

Hi, I, like so many others here, really need a scheduling service that is able to limit which appointment types are bookable at certain times. Is there any movement to remedying this in Square? Otherwise I will need to find a different service.

@Chad 

Just wanted to jump in for anyone who needs a recommendation that would remedy this problem! (I see others are saying they might have to look elsewhere)

I had this exact issue earlier in 2020 and I knew square didn't offer this option. I LOVE LOVE LOVE square and still use it for my POS but for appointments, I use Acuity Scheduling. It allows me to offer specific appointments on specific days and specific times, and I love how customizable my schedule is now and it makes for a smooth booking process for me and the client. It is worth taking a look and trying out! 

Is there a way to differentiate appointments on the calendar so that clients can book only a specified service on a particular day or time

Admin

Hey @TURTLETROT! 🐢 

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I think you're referring to this feature, which we do not currently have available. Sorry about that. There's some work arounds and suggestions from other sellers in this thread. 

Beta Member

This work around is not really a work around as it costs an undisclosed amount of money as well (which is really irritating). If this is a feature that could be done either with no additional cost, or with the costs spelled out BEFORE I start a "free trial" of some new feature that would be preferable. As a single operator photography studio I don't really need anything built for teams as I don't have a team. I just want to be able to restrict certain sessions (services) to only be available on specific days/times and not all the time.

Specific to my situation: I am currently running a free student portrait special (single portrait, 15 minutes) during Covid and I do not want to allow a parent to schedule their free session at 7pm (though that is within my normal schedulable hours for paid sessions). Creating an "employee" as you suggest is asking me to sign up for another service and does not tell me how much that service will cost me should I choose to keep it after the free trial (which is disconcerting and does not make me want to try the service AT ALL!) If there is not a way to do this, and it is not chosen as a feature that will be added, it would be nice to know that so I can figure out a way on my end to make it work. I love the booking site in general and so do my clients, but as a services provider it really is a NEEDED feature of the booking site.