x

Feature Request: Square for Retail Available in Canada?

Hi, we have a new account and would like the vendor management feature of Square for Retail. I do not see the app in the App Store, so is it not available in Canada yet? 

Thanks.

[The title of this thread has been updated by Moderator from it's original: Is Square for Retail available in Canada?]

Message 1 of 33
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @WCAS and the rest of the thread!

I've got good news 🎉

Square for Retail is now available in Canada. Please take a look at this product update for more information. 

We always love to hear your feedback, so also feel free to post in that thread with any questions or insights regarding this launch. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 33 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Alumni

Hi @WCAS - You are correct. Square for Retail is only available within the US at this time. We'll make sure to announce if that changes in the future.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 33

Thank you.

Message 3 of 33

This reply was created from merging an existing thread

I was told square for retail is US only. I'm in Canada. Is this not possible in Canada?

Message 4 of 33
Admin

@NELLAMORE You're right, Square for Retail is currently only available in the US. If it's available in Canada in future we'll let you know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 33

I am a little upset just signed up for square. Uploading all my inventory.  Ordered all my hardware.  To now find out square for retail isn’t available in Canada.... is this true??? 

Message 6 of 33

I have all my items in square and I have them Categorized how I like it. But it would be amazing if we could add a vendor column to the items.  Then not only would I be able to track sales by type but by the vendor also. Which would make ordering so much nicer.

Message 7 of 33
Admin

Hey @Jason21, welcome to the Seller Community!

Thanks for bringing this up—this feature is included with Square for Retail, though I wasn't able to access a specific timeline for when that app will be available in Canada.

I'll be sure to surface your post with our Retail Team. In the meantime, you may want to have a look at our App Marketplace for partner services who may be able to offer a suitable solution

Appreciate your patience, and please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 8 of 33

thanks, please quit leaving us canucks in the cold 😛

Message 9 of 33

I understand that Inventory Plus is only available in the USA it seems square users in Canada have been asking for this a long time at least 2 years. There is  not estimated time for when it would be implemented? This is a very important part of business. and would help immensely.  This is also something most Point of Sales have now and with the fees we are paying it would seem that we should also have this feature. 

Please give us a estimated time for when this feature will be available. my patience are wearing out.

Message 10 of 33
Square Community Moderator

Hey there! I hear you in your frustration for Square for Retail to be available in Canada. Detailed inventory management is super important to businesses, you're right, and we are working diligently on getting our Retail system (or Inventory Plus) available outside of the US. While I don't have a specific date, I can assure you it is on our road-map and top of mind, so your continued patience is appreciated. I have merged your post with an existing thread so we can keep all of these requests in one place.

In the meantime, I will encourage you to take a look at our inventory management partners that will be able to help you organize your inventory. You can get there by vising your Dashboard > Apps > Items & Inventory. We have seven integrations you can choose from. Shopventory is our most popular at the moment, but I urge you to find the system that is the best fit for your business. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 33
Beta Member

Do we have a time line for this feature to come into play. Or do we need to start looking at different pos systems that have this feature

Message 12 of 33
Alumni

@Angele -

I'm afraid we do not have a shareable timeline when Square Retail is coming to Canada. Keep tabs on this thread as we'll share updates  as they come. 

Justin
Message 13 of 33

Is it still not available in Canada? This seems insane to me! Inventory is inventory regardless of country what is the hold up??

Message 14 of 33
Beta Member

When will the Square Retail App with inventory cost be available in Canada. I would save much time and effort to have a field for cost of item.

Stephen Burger
Message 15 of 33
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Manana welcome to the Seller Community!!

I merged your post with an existing thread that we are using to track this feature request. As you can see, it is a popular one and is definitely on our radar. While I don't have a timeline for you on when it will be released, I can say that we also agree that this will really help benefit sellers as far as saving time in inventory tracking. 

In the meantime, you can also view any of our partner apps for inventory tracking to see if they fit your needs as a business owner. 

AshleyK
Message 16 of 33
Beta Member

Is there a reason its taking so long for Square for Retail to be available in Canada? This thread was created November 2018.... 

I hate having to use multiple 3rd party apps and trying to remember passwords and make sure things are synced correctly. I would prefer to have it all in one system. 

Message 17 of 33
Admin

@meggyj113 I'm really sorry for the frustration and that Square for Retail isn't available in Canada - yet. But I have some good news! We're currently beta-testing Square for Retail with a small group of sellers in Canada. Though, it's a closed beta program which means we can't add more sellers to it I'm afraid. Is there a specific feature (or features) of Square for Retail that you're interested in? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 18 of 33
Beta Member

@Helen  I hope it gets out of the beta phase soon! I’m really interested in having wholesalers/vendor information to be able to be reordering easier, having the whole sale cost available in the back end to see wholesale vs retail prices,  marketing,  instant payment transfers.    

I currently own a hair salon with a large inventory of hair products, but I also work with a lot of small local businesses selling their inventory whom also use square so this would help greatly.  

Message 19 of 33
Admin

Understood - thank you @meggyj113! I've shared your post with the team. As soon as I have any other updates about the Beta Program or about Square for Retail in Canada I'll reply to this thread! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 20 of 33
Beta Member

I would love for this to be available in Canada. It’s frustrating that this thread goes back two years and it’s still not available here. Is there an estimate for how long the testing phase is expected to last?

Message 21 of 33