x

Feature Request: Square for Retail Available in Canada?

Hi, we have a new account and would like the vendor management feature of Square for Retail. I do not see the app in the App Store, so is it not available in Canada yet? 

Thanks.

[The title of this thread has been updated by Moderator from it's original: Is Square for Retail available in Canada?]

Message 1 of 33
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @WCAS and the rest of the thread!

I've got good news 🎉

Square for Retail is now available in Canada. Please take a look at this product update for more information. 

We always love to hear your feedback, so also feel free to post in that thread with any questions or insights regarding this launch. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 33 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Beta Member

Hi Helen!

Is the ability to set item costs included? We are a bar with food, so we need to be able to set a per bottle cost for beer, a per draft cost for draft beers, a per-ounce cost for whiskey or wine and for our food, we need to be able to build the cost for the item - based on the ingredients that make up the food, and for cocktails the same thing - we need to be able to allocate a cost for each alcohol amount that goes into a drink - so that we know what each item costs, then we can see what the profit margin is for each item and from there, be able to adjust the retail price accordingly. Additionally, being able to add cost to the items list - so we can verify that cost has been entered for items would be a great toggle option for the list.

James Wilkinson
Message 22 of 33
Beta Member

@Helen We desperately need the ability to bundle items - like they do in ShopVentory! As a bar, we need to be able to create the base stock, a bottle of liquor - and then as we create the drinks and shots across the various times in the system - to bundle those sales to remove from inventory in the bottle. We wish Square could do this for us, and save us from having to pay $100US per month just for this bundling function.

James Wilkinson
Message 23 of 33
Admin

Hey @JPWilkinson!

Thanks for posting in this thread. I saw your previous post, and unit costs is something you can enter with Square for Retail, which unfortunately hasn't launched in Canada quite yet. We'll make sure to post an announcement within the Community when it does.

Bundling is one of the top feature requests we hear from our sellers when it comes to inventory tracking. When I was on the Square for Retail team prior to becoming a Community Moderator, one of the larger issues sellers ran into was being unable to sell wine by the glass, and have a glass of wine deducted from the wine bottle for inventory tracking. I just want to be clear that even when Square for Retail launches in Canada, it unfortunately will not have the bundling feature as it's not something we have available within the app at this time.

Thank you so much for surfacing this, and providing more feedback towards the importance of a bundling feature for our retail sellers. I will make sure to pass it along to the Retail Product Team. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 24 of 33
Beta Member

Is Square for retail available in Canada?  I'm new to Square and have been reading many references to Square for Retail but not seeing any options to sign up for it.  

Message 25 of 33
Beta Member

I'm wondering if Square for Retail has been made available in Canada.  I heard it was in beta testing, but I received an update to a thread with no further information that what is in the link below.  The title seems to have been changed to indicate Square for Retail is available on Square Register. I would like to know how to access it if it is now available in Canada.  I tried to download the app but received an error message that it wasn't available in my region.

Re: Square for Retail Now Available on Square Register!

Thanks,

Crystal

Message 26 of 33
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Crystal72,

I moved your post back to the existing thread where your previous comments are.

If/when there ever is an update- we'll be sure to update the thread. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 33
Beta Member

Hi Ashely,

I received the email below noting that Square for Retail was now available on Square Register. Is this only for the States? It was updated from the original thread where people in the Canadian market are hoping the Retail option will be available to us soon.

Thanks again,

Crystal

Hi Crystal72,

Kassi_ (Admin) merged a reply in Feature Requests on 07-13-2020 11:17 AM:

Re: Square for Retail Now Available on Square Register!

Is Square for retail available in Canada?  I'm new to Square and have been reading many references to Square for Retail but not seeing any options to sign up for it.  

Message 28 of 33
Square Community Moderator

@Crystal72 That is only for the states at this time yes.

I hope it's available soon in CA as well!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 29 of 33
Beta Member

I hope so as well!  Maybe the update that was added should not have been in that thread since it was a request about having Square for Retail in the Canadian Market.

Thanks,
Crystal

Message 30 of 33
Beta Member

There is also, on this page https://squareup.com/ca/en/point-of-sale/retail that is specifically "Square for Retail" at the top, a comment of how much Square has helped their business from a business in the Muskokas....in Canada. Let me rephrase so we can understand the false advertizing. There is a positive comment about Square from a Canadian retailer on a page about Square for Retail.......but Square for Retail isn't available in Canada???? So how can this be??? Logically speaking it can only be a comment about a different product, just plain Square POS, that has been used on a page for a product not available to the business.

Square's handling of the Canadian market is rather abominable.

Message 31 of 33
Admin

Hey @malibuclub-

The page you're referring to is for retail businesses that use Square in Canada. I'll be sure to post an update regarding Square for Retail, the app, in Canada when it launches. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 32 of 33
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @WCAS and the rest of the thread!

I've got good news 🎉

Square for Retail is now available in Canada. Please take a look at this product update for more information. 

We always love to hear your feedback, so also feel free to post in that thread with any questions or insights regarding this launch. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 33 of 33