x

Feature Request: Taxes automatically applied by GPS location

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Tax rate tracked by GPS]

Do you foresee a time that Square will be able to use GPS to apply the appropriate sales tax rate?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hi @Skuh - I currently don't have a time frame to share on this feature's roadmap, we'll continue to track this. 

Mind sharing an example on how you'll use this feature? This will help our Product Team get context behind the ask and make improvements tailored to your biz needs. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I am starting to sell at art fairs and craft fairs. At times these are in different states and I have to collect tax for that state.  Several times I collected wrong tax by mistake. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @Skuh

We understand this is a feature that would be beneficial to many sellers, especially those who travel. Perhaps it would be easiest to create the tax ahead of time, and then make sure you're applying the correct one manually so nothing is automatically applied that could be incorrect.

Our Product Team is aware of this feature request, and hopefully it's something we will be able to make available to our sellers in the near future. Thanks for resurfacing the request. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 4