x

Feature Request - Track alcohol sales by the glass and deduct bottles or kegs from inventory

Feature Request - Track alcohol sales by the glass and deduct bottles or kegs from inventory

Is there anyway to decrement alcohol from the stock (per glass, per tasting pour)?

New to Square POS and it is going into a Cellar Door. How can I find the Parent/Child modifier to decrement 150ml pours from 750ml bottle and export for stocktake?

36 Comments

So my understanding is that Square for Retail now accomplishes part of this feature. Using stock conversion function you can have a keg or a schooner. So if you put a 'keg' into stock, you will have 116 schooners in stock. The problem now is how to get the keg off the sell screen?

Hi Square Team,

We are also on restaurants and thought this would be implemented by now. Are you able to give an idea as to when this will happen or of there are any workarounds that square recommends? It's hard to manage a cocktail bar when you can't track by the glass or recipe.

Thanks again 🙂

Square Community Moderator

Hey @BCandB,

Thanks for being a part of the Community.

Check out the best answer! Right now, we do not have a workaround or any updates on if this feature will be added. Feel free to share your suggestions in our Ideate Room here: squ.re/ideate - Our Product Team keeps an eye on this forum as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this.

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

It would be great to be able to deduct glasses from bottles and multiple shots from cocktails to keep a better track of inventory.

Super Seller

Hi @BCandB,

What platform are you using. It looks like this is already a feature in square for retail -inventory plus

Square for Retail: Inventory Plus | Square Support Centre - AU (squareup.com)

Hi @lawnbrook,

Thanks for the reply. We are using Square for Restaurants...we've used Square Retail in the past however we need to be able to show floor plans/seating etc.

Hopefully they can just add it on!

@BCandB I believe this is now available with Square for Retail unless @RobynR corrects me. I can add a variant (glass) of wine which deducts 1/5 of a bottle of wine from stock when sold. BUT ...and it's a fairly big BUT. This is fine for wine where you might be selling a glass or a bottle (so both variants are available for sale). The trouble is that variants can't currently be hidden or disabled so, for example, if you sell a beer and have variants set up as a schooner and a keg, every time you ring up a beer you have to select Schooner, not keg. Probably fine for wholesale environments but obviously not for busy bars or restaurants. Developers - I'm pretty sure Square would pick up (and/or keep) hundreds of thousands more businesses if the ability to disable a variant at the sell screen were a feature. Nice work on the bottle/glass feature.....we just need one more tiny tweak and the world's ur oyster (or dozen oysters 😉

Beta Member

It's already August 2022 and this feature has still not been implemented when many of your competitors (Lightspeed, ePOS Now, Kounta, Vend, etc) have this feature included. Now that you are targeting Restaurants & Bars with Square for Restaurants, you need to implement a proper Recipe management/tracking system so we can link an item to another (for example Gin **bleep** to Gin bottle or create recipe for Cocktails for example).

But as mentioned by @BenInOz we need to be able to hide some items from the POS screen. 

The keg example is a great one but it goes as well for all the spirits bottles that any venue would only sell by the **bleep** (or in cocktails) but we still need to record the purchase as a bottle so we need the **bleep** item & the Bottle item.

Hopefully the development will listen and you guys will announce very soon this new feature.

Square Community Moderator

We'll continue to pass this on and advocate for this feature with our Product Team, @paulleo.

Anyone who has enquired about this feature request will be informed as soon as we have more to share.

Beta Member

Thanks @Laurie_