x

Feature Requests: Appointments

We have started using Square Appointments for our hair salon and are currently keeping our bookings offline until we make sure we've got it down pat.

A few features are lacking that we relied on with our previous salon software. We would love to see an 'already booked at that time' prompt – which is especially important when booking recurring appointments. We'd also love to see a prompt when a booking occurs outside of regular staff calendar hours.

We've been using the free Square for a year or so for our other business and also have a few feature requests for that as well. It would be amazing if a variable discount could be applied per item at checkout. (For example – one item at $82 has been marked down to $10 and second at $50 marked down to $5. The ability to discount the first one by $72 and the second by $45 (without creating separate NEW discounts each time this is done) would be ideal.)

Also, when editing Stock, the drop-down list choices are fairly narrow. (For a hair salon, hair products will get removed from retail inventory to use as working stock, and we like to track as such.) In addition to Edit Variation --> Stock Action, an 'Other' option with a field to enter additional info would be great.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Sorry, I forgot – other reasons we could use the Other option plus text field is to mark Stock for donations out samples. (Reasons that are important for year-end accounting.)

Message 2 of 11

Also in Items, Supplier & Cost fields are also greatly missing.

Message 3 of 11
Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to expand your thoughts! We appreciate your feedback and consider it when implementing future improvements. @ommmh

As for the already booked bit, our Double Booking Prevention feature displays a warning when a new appointment conflicts with a staff member's working hours, or their other appointments.

For discounts, you're able to create one and leave it variable but only percentage discounts can be applied on an item level. Dollar discounts will apply to the whole sale. 

And lastly, the option to add custom stock actions is a popular ask among most Sellers. I asked around and unfortunately a release date for its future availability hasn't been announced yet. I'll add your post as a tally mark on the back-end for tracking right now. 

Hopefully I touched on everything. Let me know if I left any stones unturned.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 11

Thank you for your reply Justin! 

Unfortunately, we are not getting a Double Book Warning?

Our calendar is offline for now until we're sure we want to open it up to customers. Is that why?

I noticed when I followed the link that it says specifically 'Web Calendar' ... does the prompt not work when the calendar is offline? That wouldn't make sense to me as when the staff is booking as it's just as important?

Message 5 of 11

Justin, can the individual variable discount (per item) be added as a feature request? (I don't think we're the only retailer that would like this.) It's difficult to mark items down to specific amounts then have to separately calculate a total discount on multiple items while clients are waiting.

Also, is there an answer to the non-prompt of double-booking or outside hours if staff are booking (calendar is not online for client booking – yet)?

Thanks so much!

Message 6 of 11

Hi Justin. Just wondering if you saw my last comments. We are not using the online booking but are using the calendar in the app. Why does the app not have/use the double booking warning??

Message 7 of 11
Alumni

Hi @ommmh 

First, is your question referring to when booking recurring appts or a single appt? 

Justin
Message 8 of 11

I'm referring to booking recurring appointments (in the app). When booking single, we're looking at the schedule day so we don't need error prompts.

Message 9 of 11

This was your reply to me last time (https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Product-Updates/Appointments-Update-Double-Booking-Prevention-and...) but we don't book online. We don't feel our clients will book properly so we've decided not to open online booking. (Some feel they have short hair when it's actually long – down to their waist etc. One is a 30 min appointment & the other is an hour.) We also would love the prompt for after hours ... none of which happens in the app (that we pay for).

Message 10 of 11
Alumni

@ommmh - there are a couple reasons why you aren't seeing a double booking message: 

• Existing appointment is more than 2 months out -  When creating a repeating appt, we check conflicts against other appts occurring in the next two months on the selected day. Any appointments outside of that window won't get flagged. 

• When editing a repeating appt, we only check conflicts for that single instance of the series, excluding any other repeating occurrences that are part of the series. 

As for the other feature you're looking for, we don't have that available either. 

If you have ongoing questions about the intricacies of the Appointments software, reach out to our dedicated Appointments Team. They can offer tailored support and collect any feedback you have that will improve your experience as a user. 

Thanks for circling back! 

Justin
Message 11 of 11