x

Feature request for Customer Directory: Better handling of companies/institutions as customers

I do most of my work for organizations like schools, so I want to see the name of that organization in my customer list, not my contact person’s name. That contact person could change as time goes by anyway. The Square Invoices app doesn’t let me leave the first/last name fields blank when creating a customer to try and accomplish this, but fortunately, the website does. However, that customer will still show up as “Unknown Name” in my customer list.

I think the Invoices app should more gracefully deal with customers who are most correctly thought of (and displayed as) organizations, like schools and other companies. Who’s with me?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Thanks for coming aboard the Seller Community, @Attoman!

I see what you're saying. Our directory could definitely be reworked to make it easier to save those long business/organization names. 

I took your feedback to our product team. This is the type of feedback that allows us to enhance our products, so thank you for sharing!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 3

We're with you all the way @Attoman!  

Message 3 of 3