x

Feedback

I will try my best not to be condescending. For my own sanity, could someone please explain why Square refuses to allow us to change general settings to reflect the business we provide? I find there is little I can use. I spend more time fighting Square’s, pre-set agenda, than using the product. Is it possible square has other products that will not work unless we all have the same cookie cutter business. What I hope square will realize - if they allow us to create the Square business we choose, it opens up a whole new world of additional product sales. Now THAT is something that will increase market-share.
Currently you have it set for app editing and app sales with app reporting to other apps. Yes I understand the next generation of "App" users are in need of this service. What about all your business (store front) users that have to take their cash register off line to edit a product because the desktop version no longer works. Imagine a restaurant or retail store that has to close its register to add the daily special or this weeks sales item. How about the Day Spa & Salon that offers only a service with multiple sole proprietors needing to log in multiple venders while a line is at the cash register.  How about a state-wide business with multiple counties and multiple taxes or fees. And what about the small business owner that DOES NOT SHIP ANYTHING TO ANYONE. Why cant we change the "Exclude Taxes and Shipping" to "Subtotal" and why cant we remove statements that don’t pertain to our business "Shipping" "Tax" "Electronic".  Why cant we remove something off of our receipt that we do not want?  "Fulfillment".  If the customer is "allowed to select only one option" Then why does it say "choose one" when I only have one option to choose?  How come I can create a modifier set while creating an item in the App but I cant do this on the desk top? (yes I know you can add a new modifier set after creating it) Why does all my many modifiers [because you do not give me more options] ...why are all the modifiers in one long line? Imagine adding a new modifier then having to scroll down the huge list - after you have added to Item once again because you were forced to go to a separate section to add the modifier-set while you were creating the item.... AHHHHH! 
Give us the freedom to create our own business set-up. You have a great product - if you only would allow us to use it. Why cant I decide how much of a description to display on the online store? Why cant I make ALL my items scroll on one page in stead of forcing the client to "add more"? Why cant I add a simple percentage or a simple "additional fee" without creating a run-on-sentence of modifier sets?  Why cant I set up MY home screen to reflect the information I NEED TO SEE not what you think I want to see? Are you purposely making this program so difficult so we will be forced to purchase other products and add-ons just to make things the basics work?  Have you actually used your own program? [I promised] Please make a simple test.  Take every - EVERY way you make a transaction or item or modifier or or or and see what it looks like from beginning to end.  Your receipts are not uniform.  They look like our "modifier sets" and "Items" are being copied and pasted into the receipt. NOT EVERYONE USES AN APP. You would think in todays technology you would find a way to make the graphics dynamic and the fonts consistent. Please PLEASE give us the ability to format our account the way WE want it.  
...stepping down off my Soap-Box now.
Thank You.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @Feedback2016, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Sorry to hear that you're running into so many limitations with the online store and receipts. I can see how not being able to have complete control over the text within our templates would cause confusion for your customers, and I'll make sure to share this with our product liaison team.

While there isn't a short-term solution, I would like to highlight our new E-Commerce API feature. With the assistance of a web developer and our API, you'll be able to create a custom experience for your customers online. For more details and answers to API frequently asked questions, I would suggest consulting with a web developer and visiting

our Support Center.

I hope these resources are helpful. Thank you for your patience as we continue to make improvements.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2