x

Is it possible to increase the font size on printed receipts and/or tickets?

Is it possible to increase the font size on printed receipts and/or tickets?

Is it possible to increase the font size on printed receipts?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is it possible to increase the font size on printed receipts and/or tickets?

Please tell me this is in the works soon. We specifically need larger font for our cooks to be able to read the mods. They’re so tiny. I hope this feature is available very soon. Keep us updated. Thanks!!!

47 Comments
Alumni

Hey @cbansbc - Welcome to the Community!

Currently, there isn't a way to change font size for receipts. However, I can definitely pass on your feedback to our Receipts team. We'll make sure to announce any updates as we receive them.

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Font Size on Kitchen Printer Receipt

Is there a Way to increase the font size on my kitchen printer thru square for restaurants? It is really small compared to clover which im debating changing from. Im currently in the process of changing equipment.

Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Oxnardtom!

Right now, there isn't a way to enlarge the font on your kitchen printer on our end. I can tag this as a Feature Request for our Product Team. This would put it on their radar for future launches. 

Thank you so much for reaching out with this question!

My counter-service restaurant uses Square Register. We give each cafe customer a paper receipt and tell them to listen for their ticket number.

The receipt's ticket number is small, and some customers struggle to read it. So I'd like to make the ticket number on the receipt larger and bolder, like the ticket numbers on the kitchen tickets.

Does this option currently exist? If so, where would I find it?

If this option doesn't exist yet, it would be very easy to implement it. Why doesn't Square have it?

(I'm already aware that I could suggest to Square that this option be created, if it doesn't exist.)

Admin

Hey @tyrosqdome-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

As of right now, we don't have a way to enlarge or edit the font on ticket numbers, ticket text, or receipt text.

It's a feature we're working on making available in the future, once we work with our compatible printer manufacturers. I moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicates. Please let me know if you have any questions about this! 

Dear Square,

I've attached an image showing a customer receipt and kitchen ticket that came out of the same printer yesterday. The ticket number is beautifully large on the ticket. So apparently Square Register and this printer can already do the very thing that I'd like: print the ticket number in large digits on the customer receipt.

Thus I believe that the Square employee(s) who told you that this ability doesn't exist yet were wrong. And I further believe that the feature that I want could be implemented almost  immediately.

If Square does create the option for larger ticket numbers on customer receipts, I'd suggest that the large ticket numbers be placed in the region that I've shaded in yellow in the image.

Given the content of the image and my observations, please either:

(a) explain how I might misunderstand the situation or

(b) provide a more precise reason for which the feature I'd like couldn't be implemented within 30 days.

I plan to hold Square's feet to the fire on this matter (politely, of course). I'm ready to buy three additional Square Registers if I can persuade Square to wrestle this (rather simple) feature into existence.

I invite other Seller Community members to chime in here, either to agree with me or tell me why my expectation is unreasonable.

Square-recpt-and-kitchen-tkt---diff-size-tkt-numbers.png

Square Community Moderator

Hey there @tyrosqdome

Welcome back to the Community! 

I appreciate the feedback on the receipts option for your customers, so they can see their order number. This would be a Feature Request that I would be able to pass along to our receipts team. 

Be on the lookout for our Product Updates to announce upcoming launches. 

I Do Not Understand how you guys are reading your Kitchen Tickets, the text is tiny!! If anyone has figured out a solution please let me know, as we can not continue on our switchover if my kitchen team can't read the tickets...

Admin

@KelseyCFC Thanks for reaching out. This is currently a feature request we're tracking here. If we hear of any changes we'll be sure to let you and others know on this thread.

Yes, I’m totally agree that we need to have larger text with table #. Our kitchen team can’t read tiny text. Please figure out how to implement it. It would be very helpful