x

Gift Cards for Third Party Sites

Gift Cards for Third Party Sites

I have just had a lengthy discussion with the Square online support about how to set up gift cards on a third party website. In my instance I have a store hosted with IndieMade and am able to sell through square. However, in trying to set up gift card purchases I've just been informed that they don't allow this through third party websites. 

They've suggested that I raise this as a suggested improvement to their services and post on here to get a vote as to who would find this useful. 

If you would find it useful can you please comment?

0 Likes
3 Comments

I have just wasted 5 days trying to work out how to redeem egift cards on my third party website. Only to discover that this service is not available.  I have provided feedback to Square about there lack of information about egift cards. They sent a big promo email advising egift cards were now available for sale...but no-where did it say it was ONLY for shops hosted on square.

Yes, I would love to be able to sell & redeem square egift cards on my woocommerce site where I accept square payments.

Square Community Moderator

I'm sorry about the frustrating experience @capwaonline! I'll make sure to escalate your suggestion to our product team. I certainly hope this is something we can offer in the future, too.

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

Hi Capwaonline, 

Yes I had a similar experience. Working hard to get it up on my website only to find that it didn't work. And you're right, the lack of information isn't particularly helpful. I've had to resort to dodgy discount codes on my website, which is very frustrating.