x

How can I add and/or delete columns from the standard reports? I need to ADD Categories!!!

I have set up all my items to be in categories, where the categories match my General Ledger Chart of Accounts. I would like to generate a monthly, quarterly, annual reports summarizing Sales and Deposits (ie transactions net Square fees) by Category. I could do that if the existing transactions, deposits, and sales reports pulled Category into the report as a field, then export as csv and filter and subtotal. Since each Item is associated with only one Category, this should be simple. Can I customize the report to add this column? If not, can SQUARE please do so on all reports? While we're add it, how can customize the report to delete unnecessary columns?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @WSOR, welcome and thanks for posting. 

Currently, the transaction details CSV doesn't have a category specific column, nor is there a way to edit the available columns. The item details, category and item descriptions are included in the 'Description' column, though it isn't separated. Definitely see how this would be valuable, and will pass on the feedback.  

There is also a Category Sales report which allows you to view item sales by category, and can be viewed with the desired date range. Hope that helps!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Best Answer

Hi @WSOR, welcome and thanks for posting. 

Currently, the transaction details CSV doesn't have a category specific column, nor is there a way to edit the available columns. The item details, category and item descriptions are included in the 'Description' column, though it isn't separated. Definitely see how this would be valuable, and will pass on the feedback.  

There is also a Category Sales report which allows you to view item sales by category, and can be viewed with the desired date range. Hope that helps!

Message 2 of 4

Hello,

I am trying to export Transactions CSV report and see that there are so many columns in that report. I don't need so many details/columns. 

Is there a way I can customize and choose what columns I need on the report? 

ThanQ

Krishna

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @vkveera and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4