x

Feature Request: Allow my client to pay for multiple appointments in one transaction

Feature Request: Allow my client to pay for multiple appointments in one transaction

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Appointments Application: How do I checkout and include multiple appointments on one ticket?

I recently did a soft launch of my business. I tried to close out my appointments and process them all under one ticket but quickly realized this was not possible. In my business model, I can go to a location with multiple contractors. Each contractor can have 1 to many services booked for the day. I need the ability to check out, add multiple appointments to one ticket, and charge that payment to one customer. - Example 1: Jane gets her cut by John, her makeup done by Carol, and her hair styled by Miguel. Jane is just one customer and should not have to process her card 3 different times. - Example 2: John gets his hair done by Max, his beard trimmed by Joe, and decides he wants to pay for Jane's bill in example one. In addition, there is a contractor attached to each service and they get a 70% commission and so this needs to be tracked accordingly for payroll. Currently, I do not see a way to do this. So I figured I'd post here to see what my options may be... This is a big problem for my business model. Thank you in advance for your help and guidance. JenVerg

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How can one client pay for another client I instead of paying separately

Ah, so you're asking if it's possible to pay for two appointments in one card swipe.

This feature has been requested by others in this thread so I've moved your post here - thanks for letting us know how it would benefit your customers. I circled back and this is currently still a feature request. We'll update this thread if we hear any updates!

Verified Answer

Re: Appointments Application: How do I checkout and include multiple appointments on one ticket?

Hi @JenVerg, thanks for your post. At this time it's not possible to check out multiple Appointments at the same time, you will need to check out one appointment at a time. 

I understand that this isn't ideal for your business model but I'm glad you let us know how you'd like to use Square Appointments. I'll share this feedback with our Appointments team and it will help them to prioritize which features to build next! 

133 Comments

This definitely need to be an option.  Often times I'll have the same client come in evening then the next morning or will have daughters come one night and herself the next morning and want to pay for all services together on the 2nd appt.  It's frustrating to have to run 2 transactions.

Please get this rolling.

I currently use Square Appointments and love it, but there seems to be no way to merge of two open tickets for check out. I have multiple clients that come together and want to pay for both services but I can’t merge the tickets so I can track their info correctly. Am I missing something or is this feature not available?

I run a massage studio and oftentimes two people will come in together and one person will want to pay for both services. How do I choose both services and pay for both at the same time? I just encountered this problem and had to run the card twice. 

Alumni

Hi @Bahbahwho - This is a feature request right now for Square Appointments. I've merged your post here, so we can track it. We'll update this thread as we get more information!

Admin

Thanks for surfacing this, @JHelwig.

I see what you mean—it would make the experience much more streamlined to be able to select multiple services and process the payment on a single card. At this time, there isn't an option to do this but I will certainly share your post with our Appointments Team.

For now, you would have to process a separate transaction for each service. We appreciate your patience as we're working to make improvements to the checkout process. Please don't hesitate to circle back with any other questions or concerns.

How do I ring out 2 appointments on the same transaction?

Hello @Raymond, currently each appointment will be it's own transaction.

You can't combine two and charge one card holder. I'll be sure to share this feedback with our Appointments Team. 

Beta Member

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Can you checkout multiple clients from appointment app?" The author has been notified via email.

I always have families pay all together. How can you checkout at once? I was able to add them to the checkout when on my android.

Beta Member

We are in a trial month of square appointment but not being able to merge dad and son in one checkout may be our deal breaker.

Vagaro, the most used salon/ barber app makes it easy.

We just hate using square to take cards and then entering the info into Vagaro to track sales to individual staff.