x
ValerieAnne

How do I create a Transaction Report which shows payment details (Visa, Debit, MasterCard)

I am trying to create a monthly report, which shows the payment type for each transaction.  Basically a column that states if it was a cash, Visa, Debit, MasterCard......  Currently all debits and credits fall under "Other Tender Type", so we do not know if the transaction was a debit, credit card or if it is a Visa or MasterCard. See image below.

Total Collected Cash Other Tender Type
$25.00 $25.00  
$20.00 $20.00  
$10.00 $10.00  
$30.00 $0.00 Debit/Credit
$63.97 $0.00 Debit/Credit

If anyone has any ideas on how to create this report or fix the card brand issue, please reply.

Thanks in Advance.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: How do I create a Transaction Report which shows payment details (Visa, Debit, MasterCard)

Best Answer

@ValerieAnne It's very possible that transactions are being processed as Other Tender. This is used more for recording purposes, and card information isn't actually captured. That could be the case. But in order to know for sure, you can reach out to our Customer Success Team. They'll dig in for you and will be able to confirm how exactly your transactions have been processed.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Re: How do I create a Transaction Report which shows payment details (Visa, Debit, MasterCard)

Hi @ValerieAnne! From the Transactions tab on your Online Dashboard, you'll see a button that says Export in the top right hand corner. You'll want to select the option that says Transactions CSV. This will download a CSV file that saves to your laptop/desktop. When you open that CSV file, there will be a column titled Card Brand. That's where you'll be able to see which type of card was used on each transaction!

Message 2 of 4
ValerieAnne

Thanks @Nika_S : 

I did see this column, but the entire column is blank? 

Is this a user error during payment process? 

If yes, please describe the appropriate way to input a transaction using a card, so that the card brand will appear in the card brand column.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

@ValerieAnne It's very possible that transactions are being processed as Other Tender. This is used more for recording purposes, and card information isn't actually captured. That could be the case. But in order to know for sure, you can reach out to our Customer Success Team. They'll dig in for you and will be able to confirm how exactly your transactions have been processed.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4