x

How do I create a report for each tax collected?

How do I create a report for each tax collected?

How do I create a report for each tax collected?  I need a break down of each.

0 Likes
5 Comments
Alumni

Hey @PRN - Can you provide more details about what kind of information you need for each report to have and we can help point you in the right direction?

I have the same issue.

I use the online store and it calculates taxes based on destination. 

Then I go to Reports->taxes in the dashboard, but this is no help because it needs to show taxes collected by reporting area, otherwise it is useless and I need to decipher transaction by transaction if it is a county tax, county and city, all above plus RTD - etc

Now in the online store, I can see I can export the orders, and then I see the tax rate, and tax amounts, but again..... how am I supposed to know WHERE to send the money I am collecting without the obvious tedium?

Alumni

Hi @jmarcv,

Thanks for reaching out in the Seller Community regarding your tax questions. 

Feel free to check out this community thread from our Weebly page to help out with your reporting issue. In summary, it looks like if you export the entirety of your orders, there should be a column specifically for taxes.

Let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Yes there is a tax column in the export. It does not tell what jurisdictions it was collected for.  

Alumni

Hi @jmarcv,

Thank you for being patient while I looked into this.

At this moment, the ability to break down the taxes in that column even further than what is presented is a feature request and has not built out yet. However, if you has the tax calculator set to auto calculate, typically tax is only charged to customers from a zip code within the same state.

We definitely see how getting this built out could benefit your business model. Our product teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements and we will inform you when any new updates are released.