x

Feature Request: Limit the quantity of an item a customer can purchase on my Square Online website

Feature Request: Limit the quantity of an item a customer can purchase on my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

I have a very limited number inventory on an item in my online store. Is there a way to limit the number a customer can purchase in a single transaction? Example: "Limit 4 per Customer".

Thanks!

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

This is not available at this time but a great Feature that would be.  

201 Comments
Admin

Hey @FOTR!

We do have a feature with our Square Online Store powered by Weebly which will allow you to set a quantity limit for the whole order for pickup items, but this only resolves the issue for the order as a whole, rather than individual items. Let me know if you're interested in this, so I can provide some instructions. 

As far as the feature you're referring to, you would like there to be a limit on how many of a variety of different items can be added to the cart. Is that correct? Let me know. 

I'm trying to send an SMS message to all my current clients to offer them a customer appreciation deal pretty much a buy one get one free. I offer a service but only with items I can create a specific link which is what i would like to do as im only sending this out to my current and past clients.  

Im not sure how to use that BOGO discounts since when I create an item which is a package of 2. Example: Im a massage therapist so Im doing a package of 2 - 60min massages for the price of one. 

So the item is a package of 2 sessions however when i do the custom link for check out you're able to select the quantity amount. How can i limit that so its only 1 since that 1 transaction is a package of 2? I dont see anywhere where I can limit the quantity that someone can purchase online through the link. 

Anyone know? 

I want to limit my stock for pre orders. For example, only offer 20 dozen cookies for a particular set. How do I do this?

In this pandemic, I need to limit how many items a customer can buy from me because I sell food items. You added the curbside pickup option fairly quickly, so can you also add the quantity limit please? So many of us food companies are using your system, and we need help with this. Thanks!

Super Seller

Agreed. This is a deal-breaker for us being able to use square online. Because of covid we've been granted a takeaway liquor licence, but it's restricted to one item per customer, and can only be supplied with food. 

Same question here...this is essential for my current bakery setup

Square Community Moderator

Hey there @ArtisanCandies

Thank you so much for reaching out with feedback during this unique time. Right now, we don't have the ability to set limits on the quantities available. I do see how this would be beneficial, especially now. I would be happy to tag this for our Product Team, so it will get on their radar. 

In this new hoarding mindset it is time for square to add a feature to limit the quantity ordered. We recently had several large grab buys that limits the supply to the rest of the community.  We need to add this feature asap. 

Yes, please add this feature soon!  Would be very useful

YES PLEASE! This would be a much needed feature in the current shopping climate.