x
Highlighted

How do I limit the quantity of an item a customer can purchase on my online store?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

I have a very limited number inventory on an item in my online store. Is there a way to limit the number a customer can purchase in a single transaction? Example: "Limit 4 per Customer".

Thanks!

Message 1 of 114
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

This is not available at this time but a great Feature that would be.  

113 REPLIES 113
Highlighted
Super Seller

This is not available at this time but a great Feature that would be.  

Message 2 of 114
Highlighted

Agreed, this would be incredibly useful option. Why don't they have this yet? 

Message 3 of 114
Highlighted

Yes! I really need this. Where can we write to encourage square to support this?

Message 4 of 114
Highlighted
Square

Thanks for sharing all of the interest around this feature, and I can see how it would be helpful to sellers who predominantly sell online. 

@CHSEF The Seller Community is actually one of the few channels that our Product Team participates and monitors regularly for feedback, so feel free to post your specific business need around this and I'll make sure it gets to the right team. 

Message 5 of 114
Highlighted

In this pandemic, I need to limit how many items a customer can buy from me because I sell food items. You added the curbside pickup option fairly quickly, so can you also add the quantity limit please? So many of us food companies are using your system, and we need help with this. Thanks!

Message 6 of 114
Highlighted
Beta Member

Agreed. This is a deal-breaker for us being able to use square online. Because of covid we've been granted a takeaway liquor licence, but it's restricted to one item per customer, and can only be supplied with food. 

Message 7 of 114
Highlighted
Admin

Hey there @ArtisanCandies

Thank you so much for reaching out with feedback during this unique time. Right now, we don't have the ability to set limits on the quantities available. I do see how this would be beneficial, especially now. I would be happy to tag this for our Product Team, so it will get on their radar. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 114
Highlighted

Yes, please add this feature as soon as possible! My store sells organic sanitizer and I need to limit the quantity anyone can buy so there is not a run on it like the toilet paper incident!

Also, Is there a way you can separate the delivery & pickup option into individual options? I don't offer shipping but I do offer curbside pickup.

Thank you!

Message 9 of 114
Highlighted
Admin

@madebylocals - Gotcha down as an extra person looking for this feature ✍

As for the delivery and pickup options, we haven't separated those settings yet but we're tracking the need for that feature on this thread. Keep up to speed on the latest updates there. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 114