x

Feature Request: Limit the quantity of an item a customer can purchase on my Square Online website

Feature Request: Limit the quantity of an item a customer can purchase on my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

I have a very limited number inventory on an item in my online store. Is there a way to limit the number a customer can purchase in a single transaction? Example: "Limit 4 per Customer".

Thanks!

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

This is not available at this time but a great Feature that would be.  

201 Comments
Square Community Moderator

@HFFF thank you for sharing your thoughts on this feature request! I agree that this can really help our sellers and will be sure to push your feedback through to our Development Team. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

Admin

@Margaret2 @roundriverbaker Appreciate you both asking about this function. There's not a way to limit at this time, so I've moved your posts to our feature request board that talks specifically about limiting items for orders. Feel free to Subscribe to this thread so that if we release any updates, you'll be the first to know.

Is there a way to put a max amount of an item that a person can buy online? For instance, since CT law states a person cannot purchase more than 4 cases of beer at once, are we able to limit how many a person can purchase online?

+1 a thousand times on this. Please, PLEASE add this.

Alumni

Hi @MTA - thanks for taking the time to post in the Seller Community. Although there is not currently a way to limit the quantity of an item ordered, I've moved your post here where other sellers have asked about this ability.

We've passed on this feedback to our product team, and will be sure to post updates here if we have anything to share. Please stay subscribed to this thread to be notified when an update is posted.

I can't underscore how important this is with COVID-19 shelter-in-place. This needs to jump to the top of the dev queue stat.

Requesting a new feature from the Square/Weebly development team(s).  Can you please integrate a "limit" feature for items.  To give you an example in our situation....we sell Craft Beer.  Some of the beer we sell at our brick and mortar shop commands lines out the door of 200+ people.  In an attempt to spread the product out and allow as many people to have a chance at purchasing it we place limits on how many a customer can purchase.  Can we please implement this in our online store?

I think it would be a fairly easy feature to turn on.  Within the item page (customer facing), instead of a blank field where the customer enters the quantity they want, this field would be a drop-down field with numbers 1 through 'x' where 'x' is designated by the business in the website item settings as the upper maximum that customers are allowed to purchase.

So if I were a toilet paper store...I could really limit the # of hoarders out there and supply TP for the masses.  😉

Hope as many of you are as safe and healthy as possible.  Take care!

Alumni

While this isn't currently an available feature, it has become a very popular feature request recently, @NebcoRob. I've moved your post to this thread so we can continue to track interest in the ability to limit the quantity of a certain item that a given customer is able to purchase from an online store. 

Thanks for dropping in to provide this unique example of how this feature could be beneficial for your business, and others like yours in CT - details like this are always appreciated by our product teams!

Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how this could benefit your business as well as other businesses, especially given current circumstances, @ethenwithane. I can assure you that we have provided this feedback to our online store team, and are advocating on your behalf for this feature!

Please stay subscribed to this thread that I've moved your post to, where other sellers have expressed interest in the same feature. As long as you're subscribed, you'll receive a notification when we post an update here this thread.

[This reply was created from merging an existing thread]

We set up an online store for our farm stand to allow online grocery orders but I need to limit the number of orders per hour or in one day...does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks