x

Feature Request: Limit the quantity of an item a customer can purchase on my Square Online website

Feature Request: Limit the quantity of an item a customer can purchase on my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

I have a very limited number inventory on an item in my online store. Is there a way to limit the number a customer can purchase in a single transaction? Example: "Limit 4 per Customer".

Thanks!

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

This is not available at this time but a great Feature that would be.  

201 Comments

I'm just adding my voice to this thread.  This would be a hugely useful feature.  Many of us in my industry (brewery) have started using the online store in the last couple of weeks and it has allowed us to offer our product for takeaway in a largely contact-less manner.  However, just offering some of our products in an unlimited manner often leads to hoarding for certain releases.  Being able to manage the sales and release online, in a controlled manner, in the current environment would be HUGELY useful  Thanks!

Even without the COVID crisis this feature is desperately needed.  I have recently built an online store for our annual golf tournament and want to limit the single golfer registration quantity to 1 per person.  That way 4-some golfers must submit separately.  Since the modifiers setup are questions specific to each golfer, I need the quantity for single golfer to be only 1 available each time so all the information per golfer is captured.

Standing by and hoping this is a quick fix for Square.....

Alumni

Hello @jerseyfreshfarm,

We've gone ahead and moved your question to this thread. Feel free to check out the best answer and let us know if you have any other questions by replying here directly. 

I have a distillery in California and all distilleries were giving temporary permission to sell spirits online during this crisis. The law still limits each distillery to sell three bottles per person per day.  Having a way to control how much people can purchase would be a great help.  If this option does not become available soon,  we will have to search for another online store that does.  This option is imperative to keeping us open.  Please HELP!!!

I have a distillery in California and all distilleries were giving temporary permission to sell spirits online during this crisis. The law still limits each distillery to sell three bottles per person per day.  Having a way to control how much people can purchase would be a great help.  If this option does not become available soon,  we will have to search for another online store that does.  This option is imperative to keeping us open.  Please HELP!!!

YES YES YES!!!  We NEED This ASAP!!  We sell meat and are getting cleaned out, I'm limiting people to 10 lbs of burger, so everyone that needs it can get it, but have NO way to do this online (other than only putting 10 lbs in my inventory at a time, which is INSANE to try to keep up with).  PLEASE Add this as part of the COVID measures ASAP!!! 

Thank you for all your doing to help us all get through this time!

Square Community Moderator

Hello, everybody! I wanted to take the time to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to not only share your voice in this thread, but to explain why and how this feature is important to your businesses. I hear the urgency you all are feeling for this feature to be released and have shared your feedback with our team. At this time, I do not have a timeline to share for this feature, but I will continue to bubble up any and all feedback that I get regarding this feature request. Thank you again.

Ashley - this seems like a very simple change to implement. Is there any insight into whether the platform will be able to support this at all during the pandemic? It's kind of a deal breaker for some products and businesses. If Square is working on it, we can be patient. But if it's not coming anytime soon, most of us need to know that.

Same here.   We sell Covid-19 supplies and need to limit to 1 or 2 per person.  
Pleas put this at the top of the list of your improvements.   
I understand keeping what you have running is important.  
In these unprecedented times we are taking away from our regular duties to go to the square register and have to ring in an Order of just one or two items rather than if we were able to do that all online thank you

Agreed. Brewery here and we NEED to limit some releases, like yesterday. This has been a feature request for years, right now we are putting limits in the description and refunding anyone who buys more than that amount, HUGE P.I.T.A. 

Seems like an easy addition since there is already inventory tracking.