x

Feature Request: Limit the quantity of an item a customer can purchase on my Square Online website

Feature Request: Limit the quantity of an item a customer can purchase on my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

I have a very limited number inventory on an item in my online store. Is there a way to limit the number a customer can purchase in a single transaction? Example: "Limit 4 per Customer".

Thanks!

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

This is not available at this time but a great Feature that would be.  

201 Comments
Beta Member

Thanks for the insight. Was just trying to offer some creative thought around possible work-arounds. We make custom mobile apps powered by Square's API where we have full control of easily changing stuff like that.

Square Community Moderator

Thanks again for stepping in to help here, @PreOrder_Apps!

We would also like to see this feature, so mark us down as another one requesting this.

You got it, @elmoreroots! Thanks for adding your voice here. 

@AshleyK  Thought I'd also add myself to this waitlist on limiting quantities feature for Square Online Store!

@TiffanyNR Thanks!!

Beta Member

I would love to see this as well. We just moved to using Square Online Store to sell movie tickets to our drive in theater. It is really important that we get an accurate car count (as that is the capacity, not people). I set up each event with two ticket variations, one is a car permit and the other is a regular ticket.

The car permit has a limited amount of stock, but we would really like to have a limit of one car permit per transaction since we regularly have people not read the instructions. Fortunately the vast majority do, but if we could limit car permits to one per transaction that would instantly make this system much better.

And while you're at it, Square, reach out to me about how to better make Square work for movie theaters and drive ins. There is a sizable market for a non-terrible ticketing and POS solution, and I know a lot of us in the business already use your services for card processing!

Is there a way to set a maximum quantity of a single item that a customer can buy in a given order? For example, ground beef goes on sale and I want to limit it to 3 lbs per person/order.

Admin

Hello and welcome @cpchristopher!

That's currently a feature request, but it does look like the Weebly team is considering building it out. Fingers crossed here for you and others who have asked about this feature that it's built out soon. You can keep up with updates on that thread.

Please add the limit feature asap!