x
Highlighted

Re: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

+1 a thousand times on this. Please, PLEASE add this.

Message 21 of 106
Highlighted

I'm just adding my voice to this thread.  This would be a hugely useful feature.  Many of us in my industry (brewery) have started using the online store in the last couple of weeks and it has allowed us to offer our product for takeaway in a largely contact-less manner.  However, just offering some of our products in an unlimited manner often leads to hoarding for certain releases.  Being able to manage the sales and release online, in a controlled manner, in the current environment would be HUGELY useful  Thanks!

Message 22 of 106
Highlighted

Does anyone know how to limit the number of online orders per day or in a certain time frame?

[This reply was created from merging an existing thread]

We set up an online store for our farm stand to allow online grocery orders but I need to limit the number of orders per hour or in one day...does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks

Message 23 of 106
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Does anyone know how to limit the number of online orders per day or in a certain time frame?

Hello @jerseyfreshfarm,

We've gone ahead and moved your question to this thread. Feel free to check out the best answer and let us know if you have any other questions by replying here directly. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 24 of 106
Highlighted

Agreed. Brewery here and we NEED to limit some releases, like yesterday. This has been a feature request for years, right now we are putting limits in the description and refunding anyone who buys more than that amount, HUGE P.I.T.A. 

Seems like an easy addition since there is already inventory tracking. 

Message 25 of 106
Highlighted
Admin

Thanks for adding your voice here, @lostcabinjesse. We will continue to update this thread when we have new information to share. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 106
Highlighted

I would love to see this as well. We just moved to using Square Online Store to sell movie tickets to our drive in theater. It is really important that we get an accurate car count (as that is the capacity, not people). I set up each event with two ticket variations, one is a car permit and the other is a regular ticket.

The car permit has a limited amount of stock, but we would really like to have a limit of one car permit per transaction since we regularly have people not read the instructions. Fortunately the vast majority do, but if we could limit car permits to one per transaction that would instantly make this system much better.

And while you're at it, Square, reach out to me about how to better make Square work for movie theaters and drive ins. There is a sizable market for a non-terrible ticketing and POS solution, and I know a lot of us in the business already use your services for card processing!

Message 27 of 106
Highlighted

Yes, please add this feature soon!  Would be very useful

Message 28 of 106
Highlighted

I am surprised that after more than 2 years that this issue has not been addressed. While adding a modifier allows you to provide limited choices, the system then lets you add as many of those selections as possible!!!! This makes it pretty much unusable where you need to limit quantities with each sale. Using stock levels not appropriate for individual sales.

Message 29 of 106
Highlighted

YES PLEASE! This would be a much needed feature in the current shopping climate.

Message 30 of 106