x
Highlighted
em5angels

How do I set up an employee with two pay rates?

I have employees who perform two different job functions, when then means that they have two different rates.  How do I define that in payroll?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 35
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: How do I set up an employee with two pay rates?

Best Answer

Hey @em5angels and @sbbgourmet, thanks for flagging!

At this time, the option to set up an employee with multiple pay rates isn't available. Our product liaison team is tracking this request, and I'll make sure to surface your feedback with them.

As a work-around, you might consider paying your employees for hours worked at a different rate by using the Additional column in the Run Payroll tab. You'll need to calculate the amount earned at the additional rate, and then you can enter that amount into the Additional column. Your employee will then receive their net and total pay.

Find more information on Square Payroll in our Support Center. Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 35
34 Replies
sbbgourmet

Did you ever figure this out? I also have employees who recive different rates of pay for different roles.

Message 2 of 35
pawsitivepal

Also looking for the answer to this question!

Message 3 of 35
Admin

@pawsitivepal - You can check out Tom's response above. 👍

Message 4 of 35
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @em5angels and @sbbgourmet, thanks for flagging!

At this time, the option to set up an employee with multiple pay rates isn't available. Our product liaison team is tracking this request, and I'll make sure to surface your feedback with them.

As a work-around, you might consider paying your employees for hours worked at a different rate by using the Additional column in the Run Payroll tab. You'll need to calculate the amount earned at the additional rate, and then you can enter that amount into the Additional column. Your employee will then receive their net and total pay.

Find more information on Square Payroll in our Support Center. Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 35
Randi

This is something we would love to be able to do as well! 

Message 6 of 35
BingBrew

We were hoping to simplify payroll by using Square, but not having two wages is a no-go. I understand development timelines, but we are surprised that it's not more of a priority given how many customers presumably utilize server-wage (and thus two-wage) staff.

Message 7 of 35
Lovebeans

I would love to know when the expected release is for this! We would LOVE to add the payroll service with you, but this is the ONLY thing keeping us back!

Message 8 of 35
Admin

@Lovebeans - While in general, we can't speak to timeframes for potential future features - we're always happy to hear and pass along seller feedback. For more about the ins and outs of this process, check out this thread. Hope this helps!

Message 9 of 35
Cindy_SPC

I'm really interested in this option as well. Please alert if/when it becomes an option.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 35