x

How do I track expenses with Square?

I recently switched to square from QuickBooks. I don’t see anywhere within the square invoice app or the Square payment app where I can track my business expenses. When I used the QuickBooks invoice app, there was an option for expenses. You could even take a picture of a receipt and attach it to the expense.

Does anyone know if any of the Square products can track your business’s expenses? I.e., fuel costs, employee meals, Worker’s Compensation insurance payments, etc.?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hey @Bossman93312

Thanks for your post.

We do offer Square Payroll which can help track some of the employee expenses that you're referring to, including workers’ comp. We don't currently have a tab to where you can track business costs and attach receipts.

The good news is, Square integrates with Quickbooks Online. Here is some information on how to integrate the two to further track finances in addition to using Square as your payment processor.

I've moved your question to the Feature Request thread so our Product teams have visibility. I can see the benefit in having a way to easily input business expenses. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 11

Thank you! I WILL NOT use QuickBooks. I left them to come to Square. Their customer service and support is horrible. I just wound up downloading an app for tracking business expenses. 

However, if your design team would be able to incorporate the ability to add an “expense” in the invoice app, you guys would be king of the hill!

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Hey again!

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear that Quickbooks was disappointing.

Hopefully this is something we'll be able to add to our current additional business management features in the future. Thanks again for your input 😊

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 11

Hi, community. Does anyone have any update with tracking business expenses on Square? 

If Square does not yet have that capability, what other apps do you recommend? 

Message 5 of 11

Im hoping this feature will be put in place asap 

Message 6 of 11

Can you enter expenses other than payroll ?

Message 7 of 11
Alumni

Thanks for writing in and welcome to the Community!! @TBonam 

While Square doesn't offer a built in feature to track expenses, Quickbooks might work. Learn how to integrate it by clicking the link in Isabelle's post. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 11

Is it possible to track business expenses with square

Message 9 of 11
Admin

Hi @BohemianLens! Thanks for joining the Seller Community. We don't offer this feature at the moment. But if it's something we do ever decided to implement, we'll notify you and other sellers on this thread.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 10 of 11

Is there a way to add milage to an invoice? If so how do I do that?

Message 11 of 11