x

How do employees view their cumulative hours?

How do employees view their cumulative hours?

My employees would like to be able to see how many hours they have worked past one shift. Is there a setting somewhere I can change for that?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How do employees view their cumulative hours?

Hi @TrueNature, this is Chris (product manager for Employee Management). Appreciate your earlier post and follow-up here - I hear you! I don't have a timeline I can share yet, but I will say that we are working on this right now. Couple of questions for you below to help us figure out the best approach for this:

- How are you working around this missing feature right now?

- Do you only want your employees to be able to view their own timecards, or would you want them to be able to edit them as well?

- If they're edited, would you want to be notified that a change was made? What would be the best way to show/tell you that an update was made?

- Should employees be able to delete timecards?

- Is there any time limit for which timecards an employee should be able to edit? i.e. only allow this for timecards in the last 2 weeks.

- Do you envision employees being able to log in to Dashboard to access this, or are you thinking more of an email or print-out from the POS after a completed shift?

Re: your comments about the clock in/out flow, I'd love to set up some time with you to chat about which parts you think are too cumbersome. I'll follow up so we can set up a time for a call.

Verified Answer

Re: How do employees view their cumulative hours?

At the moment, the only way for employees to have to ability to view past timecards is to update their team permissions to allow them to be able to log into Square Dashboard and "manage timecards". 

While this will allow them to view all of their old time cards, it will also give them access to adjust older time cards along with all other employee timecards. I understand that this can cause some issues as employees having the ability to edit each others, or their own, timecards isn't ideal. Ill share this request with our Product team.

54 Comments

If an employee cannot see their timecard, how can they know if they are clocked in or not?  This seems like a very very basic need if timecards are used at all. 🙂 Please help!

Is there any progress on Employees being able to view or edit their own timecard?  This seems like fairly basic functionality.  I have been a programmer/developer for 30 years now.  Send me the code and I will fix it. 🙂

Alumni

I can see where you are coming from on this, @podzach

I'll be honest, I am not entirely sure where this feature request is on our roadmap for Employee Management. I have reached out to a team member on the Employee Management Product Team to see if I can get some more information to share here. 

I will circle back with updates when I hear back. 

Any movement on this issue?  I need my staff to be able to view their hours without gaining the permissions to adjust timecards.  The simplest solution, it seems to me, would be to have a chit print out for each clock-out with the hours work during that shift and total hours-to-date for the current pay period.  If that isn't viable, then perhaps a report available to staff for their hours only.  I realize there are a lot of moving parts and functionality in your system.  I'm a fan.  As stated earlier in this thread, though, it's a pretty basic management need.  Thank you for the help!

Admin

Thanks for your suggestions @TrueNature! I don't have any updates on this feature at this time but I'll share your post with the Employee Management team. 

Thanks for choosing to use Square! 😀

Hey, any update on this?

I love having employee time card integrated with the POS. BUT I am having to pay quite a bit of over time simply because my staff can't keep up with their own hours.

A cumulative of the hours work during the week when clocking in and out is pretty basic but it should do the trick.

Anyways I'm really considering using Tsheets which also cost $5 per employee and offer a robust time tracking kit.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @Clem

There's nothing new to report on this as of right now. We'll push this to our  Product team and try to reprioritize this in the future.

The seller advocacy around this seems to have increased recently so hopefully we can get something rolled out to help make this easier for everyone. 

I would also like to know if there are any updates on this. Would also be nice to be able to give managers access to view all employees in their departments to keep overtime to a minimum. 

Square Community Moderator

Hey @smokinbull

Thanks for voicing your interest as well. 

If anything new comes along, we'll post an update. Hopefully we can get something rolled out to help with this soon. 

We also need this feature. Just like a physical clock in sheet, the employee needs to be able to see their hours, but not other employee's hours.