x

How do employees view their cumulative hours?

How do employees view their cumulative hours?

My employees would like to be able to see how many hours they have worked past one shift. Is there a setting somewhere I can change for that?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How do employees view their cumulative hours?

Hi @TrueNature, this is Chris (product manager for Employee Management). Appreciate your earlier post and follow-up here - I hear you! I don't have a timeline I can share yet, but I will say that we are working on this right now. Couple of questions for you below to help us figure out the best approach for this:

- How are you working around this missing feature right now?

- Do you only want your employees to be able to view their own timecards, or would you want them to be able to edit them as well?

- If they're edited, would you want to be notified that a change was made? What would be the best way to show/tell you that an update was made?

- Should employees be able to delete timecards?

- Is there any time limit for which timecards an employee should be able to edit? i.e. only allow this for timecards in the last 2 weeks.

- Do you envision employees being able to log in to Dashboard to access this, or are you thinking more of an email or print-out from the POS after a completed shift?

Re: your comments about the clock in/out flow, I'd love to set up some time with you to chat about which parts you think are too cumbersome. I'll follow up so we can set up a time for a call.

Verified Answer

Re: How do employees view their cumulative hours?

At the moment, the only way for employees to have to ability to view past timecards is to update their team permissions to allow them to be able to log into Square Dashboard and "manage timecards". 

While this will allow them to view all of their old time cards, it will also give them access to adjust older time cards along with all other employee timecards. I understand that this can cause some issues as employees having the ability to edit each others, or their own, timecards isn't ideal. Ill share this request with our Product team.

54 Comments
Square

At the moment, the only way for employees to have to ability to view past timecards is to update their team permissions to allow them to be able to log into Square Dashboard and "manage timecards". 

While this will allow them to view all of their old time cards, it will also give them access to adjust older time cards along with all other employee timecards. I understand that this can cause some issues as employees having the ability to edit each others, or their own, timecards isn't ideal. Ill share this request with our Product team.

I am wondering if this issue has been addressed as well.  My employees would like to be able to view their timecards for the current work week.  How can this be done without granting them access to adjust past time cards as well as access to other employees time cards?  This is a basic function that should be available to employees.  

Square

@MLBC - We haven't introduced this functionality yet, but I'm happy to pass along your interest for this feature. We will also be sure to update this thread if we do have news to share in the future. Thanks for contributing! 

Beta Member

At any given point, can employees view their clocked hours?  Is this visible through their personal devices - phones, computers?

Super Seller

No not at this time. I would also like for all employees to be notified when a payroll is ran, and be able to login and see their pay stubs etc. even if they are on paper checks.

Square

Hi @jasonbrumb @perkits. To get going, I went ahead and combined your thread with another one that covered the same topic. This feature would definitely be a great addition to Square Payroll. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our product liaison team. 

I would like to keep my employees from working overtime each week and be able to see their hours through the week as well.  This should be a feature I think by now.  I think either an automatic email or text to the employee after they clock out each day or when you clock out it says how many hours you've worked this week on the screen.  As is I have to go to a desktop, sign in and look up each individual and tell them their hours.  Not very effecient. 

Square

Thanks for the @HeatherSweetD. This totally makes sense. I'll pass along your suggestion to our product liaison team. 👍

Make a report accessible for employees to view their timecard activity

Has this been resolved yet?  Allowing an employee to see their own time seems like a simple feature request and I don't see it anywhere.