x

How do you keep track to donate 10% to 1 of 4 different charities?

Hi we are having a big art sale and the buyer can choose between one of four different charities at check out and I will donate 10% of the ore tax sales price to the charity. How can I keep track of what charities get what with square. Is it like paying a commission to one of four employees?? Thank you. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Farfieldpottery,

Welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

Are you looking to give a flat percentage of the entire sale to a charity? We don't have a way to automate or track percentage donations to charities the way you've described, but I will surface your request with our Point of Sale Team. For this kind of situation, you would need to track and disperse these donations outside of the app.

Right now, the closest I can get you to a solution is using the note feature to track your customer's preferred charity. After the event, you could download the Transactions CSV, use Excel to sort/sum up the total sales associated with each charity, and manually calculate the proper donation amount.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2