x

How to change personal name not business name?

How to change personal name not business name?

I need help with this too, but the only option I can find under "Personal Information" is to change my business name. I have a typo and would like to correct It without having to start over with my online shop, etc. 

1 Verified Answer
EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: How to change personal name not business name?

@CKinkade Sorry for the late reply here,

Unfortunately you aren’t able to edit the legal name you used to activate your Square account. If you'd like to fix a typo with your activation name, you'll need to create a new Square account.

Fortunately the activation name is not public facing in any way. 

227 Comments

So how do I use a account I just open to get my money off 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Qulee_29 thanks for taking the time to post! You can check out our transfer options here, but please let me know in more detail what your question entails and I will do my best to answer. Thank you!

@ArgyleWerewolf @it’s 2020 and they still can’t do this! I was just told repeatedly “oh we are the most progressive company and rest assure we got your back” yet my name was legally changed and then changed my name in the SSN same day mine you: I signed up and had to use my dead name to sign up. I contacted to get it changed, because this was order by the courts to do so, and flat out refused! I said okay. I asked for a email for the legal team. They sided stepped for 2 hours, before they stop responding to me. Now I have to contact clerk I was assigned too, to notify them I made an attempt to reach out to square to change my name; and refused to do it. I have my certified copies, and my old and new SSN card. They shouldn’t be behind on policies especially since I was ranted and raved how progressive they were.

@isabelle Its2020 you still can’t do this! I was just told repeatedly by square support  “oh we are the most progressive company and rest assure we got your back” yet my name was legally changed and then changed my name in the SSN same day mine you: I signed up and had to use my dead name to sign up. I contacted to get it changed, because this was order by the courts to do so, and flat out refused! I said okay. I asked for a email for the legal team. They sided stepped for 2 hours, before they stop responding to me. Now I have to contact clerk I was assigned too, to notify them I made an attempt to reach out to square to change my name; and refused to do it. I have my certified copies, and my old and new SSN card. They shouldn’t be behind on policies especially since I was ranted and raved how progressive they were

You know, women get married. Women get divorced. We change our last names ALL THE TIME. So why can't an application like Square, which touts itself as being oh-so-perfect for business, not allow something so simple and so basic???

I was an e-commerce business analyst for a long time. Neither the coding nor creating a work flow on this is hard. This is pure laziness on Square's part. Or ... perhaps it is because it is not a functionality change that will make you any money? 

I'm ready to say goodbye to you over this. 

My account still has my maiden name, which isn't much of a big deal. But when I go to order a Square Card it says that it will use that maiden name. It is not my legal name. In this day and age. You can change your name on everything provided you have a marriage certificate, which I am happy to provide.

I have divorced and want my name fixed how do I get the hyphenation off of my name 

Wondering has there been any resolution to this because my personal information (real name) is showing and I do not like this at all. 

I already spoke with customer care in accounts, they said that they are not set up for that ability, the only thing that I can do is close the one account and open a new one. I hate that Idea because if there is money in my account that is owed and people are still paying ongoing invoices the money would be in lingo until all straightened out. 
This is not an American company, they are only a middle man, they collect money and pay, they are not a bank or financial institution.

The title of this post has been edited by a moderator from the original: "square card".

because there is a typo in my first name and cant get bank verification I am unable to get a Square card How can I correct the spelling of my first name