x
Highlighted

How to change personal name not business name?

I need help with this too, but the only option I can find under "Personal Information" is to change my business name. I have a typo and would like to correct It without having to start over with my online shop, etc. 

Message 1 of 150
1 Verified Answer
EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: How to change personal name not business name?

@CKinkade Sorry for the late reply here,

Unfortunately you aren’t able to edit the legal name you used to activate your Square account. If you'd like to fix a typo with your activation name, you'll need to create a new Square account.

Fortunately the activation name is not public facing in any way. 

149 REPLIES 149
Highlighted
Square

@CKinkade Sorry for the late reply here,

Unfortunately you aren’t able to edit the legal name you used to activate your Square account. If you'd like to fix a typo with your activation name, you'll need to create a new Square account.

Fortunately the activation name is not public facing in any way. 

Message 2 of 150
Highlighted

I am another one that has a personal name legal name change.  I will call support when they are open to see if they can do this.  The public may not see it, but I see it and hopefully can get this changed without opening up another account.  My bank changed my name, so I'm sure there is a way for Square to do it to..

Message 3 of 150
Highlighted

So how do I use a account I just open to get my money off 

Message 4 of 150
Highlighted
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Qulee_29 thanks for taking the time to post! You can check out our transfer options here, but please let me know in more detail what your question entails and I will do my best to answer. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 150
Highlighted

I already spoke with customer care in accounts, they said that they are not set up for that ability, the only thing that I can do is close the one account and open a new one. I hate that Idea because if there is money in my account that is owed and people are still paying ongoing invoices the money would be in lingo until all straightened out. 
This is not an American company, they are only a middle man, they collect money and pay, they are not a bank or financial institution.

Message 6 of 150
Highlighted

Seeing this has been an issue for a lot of ppl and will continue to happen. Why is this not something someone is working on changing. 

Message 7 of 150
Highlighted

Have they not fixed this issue yet???  I have divorced and need my account to have my maiden name on it.  Also I want to get a square card but can’t because the last name is my married name and not my current legal name.  
if the only way to fix this is to close my account (that I have had for years and years) then I think I will shop around for other options since I have to start over anyway. 😞

Message 8 of 150
Highlighted

Perdonsly im going yo switch to schdeluicity 

Message 9 of 150
Highlighted

I NEED TO CHANGE THE PERSONAL NAME ON THE ACCOUNT

So my husband created the square account so his name is on it, he doesn't take appointments (he is the co-owner) and I don't want to pay $50/month when in reality there's only one person scheduling appointments. This is frustrating considering creating another square account to get the free appointment option

Message 10 of 150