x
Highlighted

Re: Name Change

I'm going to intentionally add to this cluster f**k and say I'm another one of Square's clients affected by this lack of ability. And my name didn't change because of a marriage, meaning my entire name from first to last changed - think of it like self orchestrated witness protection.

Sure having my name seldom used/seen is one thing but where this affects me is I also went to order the debit card to access my funds and there it was, my dead old name that I disgrace so much. Now it's not only an inconvenience because a huge company won't put all their resources into fixing it, instead I'm being expected to carry a debit card with a legal name that no longer belongs to me. And what do I do if someplace asks me for identification? I've changed so many legal documents that I personally can't even prove that I'm my old name. So I'm screwed!

Message 111 of 136
Highlighted

Soooooo how do i Get a square card if I cant change my name to my legal name? i got married and all of my identification shows my married name but the account is in my maiden name? and DONT tell me to get a new account because that is just ridiculous. ive read this entire thread and it goes back to at least 2017. how is it 2020 and this is still an issue?! ive had my account for years but now im thinking of looking into something else if you cant even accomodate a simple name change.

Message 112 of 136
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @Desserts08-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Apologies for how long it took for me to get back to you. 

I went ahead and reached out to the Product Team here at Square. While this is a highly requested feature, we have not implemented a way to automate this quite yet. I realize that this isn't ideal and can be inconvenient. I wish I could provide some sort of release date or timeline, but that's not something we can share publicly at this time. Thanks for your time, and I'll make sure to follow up in this thread if I hear any news or updates regarding this feature. 

Isabelle
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 113 of 136
Highlighted

How to change owners name?

I want to change the the owner name on my account. I recently purchased the business and I don't want the old owner's name on the account. Why is there no option to change it?

Message 114 of 136
Highlighted

Name change

Is there a way for me to change my name on my account? I recently got divorced and went back to my maiden name.

Message 115 of 136
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Name change

Hey @Dori-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

As of right now, we don't have a way to edit the account owner name on a Square account 😔.

The only option right now is to create a new Square account. Once you set up your new account, you can transfer over your item library and any other necessary information.

This is a feature we're working on, and hoping to make available to our sellers in the future. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicate question posts. Thanks again. 

Isabelle
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 116 of 136
Highlighted

Re: Name change

@Isabelle_ Its2020 you still can’t do this! I was just told repeatedly by square support  “oh we are the most progressive company and rest assure we got your back” yet my name was legally changed and then changed my name in the SSN same day mine you: I signed up and had to use my dead name to sign up. I contacted to get it changed, because this was order by the courts to do so, and flat out refused! I said okay. I asked for a email for the legal team. They sided stepped for 2 hours, before they stop responding to me. Now I have to contact clerk I was assigned too, to notify them I made an attempt to reach out to square to change my name; and refused to do it. I have my certified copies, and my old and new SSN card. They shouldn’t be behind on policies especially since I was ranted and raved how progressive they were

Message 117 of 136
Highlighted

Can't change my last name???

You know, women get married. Women get divorced. We change our last names ALL THE TIME. So why can't an application like Square, which touts itself as being oh-so-perfect for business, not allow something so simple and so basic???

I was an e-commerce business analyst for a long time. Neither the coding nor creating a work flow on this is hard. This is pure laziness on Square's part. Or ... perhaps it is because it is not a functionality change that will make you any money? 

I'm ready to say goodbye to you over this. 

Message 118 of 136
Highlighted

Re: How to change personal name not business name?

My account still has my maiden name, which isn't much of a big deal. But when I go to order a Square Card it says that it will use that maiden name. It is not my legal name. In this day and age. You can change your name on everything provided you have a marriage certificate, which I am happy to provide.

Message 119 of 136
Highlighted

How do I fix my last name on my account?

I have divorced and want my name fixed how do I get the hyphenation off of my name 

Message 120 of 136