x
Highlighted

Re: How to change personal name not business name?

I believe that Square needs to change some things, I own the company, I own the bank account, but when I registered for the business, I was under the assumption that I could not have more than one account under my name so I actually registered the account in his name. Now I cannot change it unless I create a new account. This is nuts, they need to make it so that husband and wife can transfer accounts. Why would I want to open up a new account with all the same information and then what do I do with all the money that will be coming in from automatic payments? Huh? What do we do then?.

Message 21 of 136
Highlighted

I just got told you cant change your name and that is the stupidist thing I have ever heard. Thinking of shutting my account down and going with someone else.

Message 22 of 136
Highlighted

It may seem minor, but many hairstylists operate under a pseudonym. My DBA name appears on the online booking page, but my real name that my square account is under appears in the appointment page. I tried editing everything I could think of and the pseudonym appears in most places, but not all. If nothing else you should point this out before people finalize their sign up. Right now I am at a loss.

Message 23 of 136
Highlighted
Admin

@BillD You can actually update the name of your business for Appointments from the Account & Settings section of your Dashboard.

To edit your business name:

1. Sign into your Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Account & Settings.
  3. Click Locations > Click on your current location.
  4. Next to Business Name, make any changes you need.
  5. Click Save to save your changes.

After you click save the your updated business name will appear on your online booking site automatically! You'll also see that you can edit the Nickname for your location in the same place, but the Nickname isn't visible to your customers.

Hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions! 

Helen
Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 24 of 136
Highlighted

I will try that! Thank you very much for responding.

Message 25 of 136
Highlighted

Whoever said your "personal name" doesn't show up is full of you know what.  Okay, I am a dog groomer, I have Square appointments.  BEFORE I signed up to take payments through square my name showed up as "Beth", like it should.  When I signed up to take payments it flipped my display name over to "Marguerite",  WHICH I do NOT want to use or be seen to the public as..  BUT it has anyway and now I'm reading that I can't change  ANY of this unless I use a whole nother account?? I have an ENTIRE year of appointments booked and you want me to just lose all of those and re enter them all again and send all my clients an email they have appointments for the year.. AGAIN???   Is there not a more simple way to do t his!?!?!  THIS is confusing the hell out of my clients and no.. NONE of that was mentioned since I was using the Appointments FIRST, BEFORE switching over to the whole shebang to accept CC payments through Square.    Why y'all gotta make things so complicated???  Put an option for the OWNER that is offering a service to show what NAME IS DISPLAYED TO CLIENTS!!!! 

Message 26 of 136
Highlighted
Admin

Hi @txgroomer

You should be able to change your display name for your Appointments Booking Page through your Appointments Staff section. 

This would prevent your activation name from showing up for your booking clients. 

Let me know if you need more help with this or if it's not showing up for you for any reason.

Message 27 of 136
Highlighted

Yeah I tried it keeps showing up as Marguerite because I signed up to take payments AFTER I set up my appointment account so now it says I can't change the name. Or I try and still shows up as Marguerite.  You tell me. 

Message 28 of 136
Highlighted
Admin

@txgroomer Sorry to hear this is giving you so much trouble. 

We might have to walk through this with you to get this resolved. 

Give our Support Team a call and we'll get you taken care of. 

Message 29 of 136
Highlighted

In order to hide my "official legal" name that I use on my bank accounts which is my first name I NEVER go by has caused so much **bleep** confusion with my clients.  In order to change my name I have to add yet another staff as my name I go by and go change all my appointments booked for the year to the other name.  Ridiculous. 

Message 30 of 136