x

Feature Request: Bundle items as a single item, pull from inventory individually - combo/combination

Feature Request: Bundle items as a single item, pull from inventory individually - combo/combination

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Inventory: Can you bundle items together as a single item or special?

We have multiple products for the same price.   We offer a 3 for $20 special, which is a mix & match of any three products.   How do I handle the inventory count?   Do I need to add each item with the discounted amount, so at check out I would have to select three discounted items?   Or do I add each item at the regular amount and apply an overall discount?

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to create a Gift Basket, to be sold as one item, pulling numerous items from s...

Hey @FurnishbyIsa and welcome to the Community!

This isn't something we offer at this time. 

This would be a feature request we can pass up but I haven't seen any other requests for this yet. Hopefully other sellers who are looking for this can add onto the thread!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Can square reduce inventory of two different items sold as one?

Hi there!

Unfortunately for bundle created items that combine two separate items together will not reduce your inventory for each. 

What you can do is create a discount and apply it to the sale when both items are purchased together.

This will reduce your inventory and also reduce the price to the amount that you like. 

Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to track inventory with a mix & match 3 for $20 special?

Hey @Baconation, thanks for surfacing!

I can see how this would be a bit tricky for your 3-for-$20 special, especially since inventory is a high priority.

Depending on how you need to track your items, I have three suggestions:

1. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply an overall discount.
    Pro: Allows you to track the inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special.
    Con: You would have to ring up the 3-for-$20 special as a separate transaction. Otherwise, the discount will apply to the entire sale.

2. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply the discount to each of the three items.
    Pro: Allows you to track inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special and ring up additional items in a single transaction.
    Con: More of a manual process that may increase the length of time to complete a sale.

3. Create a "3-for-$20 Special" item.
    Pro: It's fast and since the price would be locked, you can add it to a sale with other items.
    Con: You wouldn't be able to track each individual item within included with the "3-for-$20 Special" item.

I understand how automating this would be super helpful for your business and I'll be sure to share your experience with our product liaison team. 

Find step-by-steps on applying discounts in our Support Center.

Hope this helps clear things up for now. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

291 Comments

Hello. I have an item that I want to sell in bundles at a lower cost. Eg. single bar of soap is $8, 3 bars of soap $21. I created an item for the bundle. How can I set up my inventory tracking so that every time I sell the bundle it takes 3 bars of soap out of inventory instead of 1? I see that is has been a feature request in 2019 but am not sure if it has been made available yet. I am on a mobile square POS system, not using an ipad or personal computer. Thanks for your assistance!

Square Community Moderator

Hello @CWFSOutpost. Great Question!

I moved your post to this thread, please take a look at @AshleyK best answer as we continue to track all of our seller's feedback to update our products and features when it comes to bulk inventory. 

Thank you for your patience. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

The title of this post has been edited from the original: I sell dinners, how to set up inventory to track each piece of fish sold?

I sell dinners, how to set up inventory to track each piece of fish sold.

For example if 4 pieces of fish (say Whitting) are sold per dinner and 3 pieces in sandwiches and the stock of Whitting was 20 I want it to read 13 left. I don't know were to start. Ultimately I want each type of fish to be tracked per piece, in dinners and sandwiches.

Alumni

This is currently considered a feature request, @lgaines1123 - I've gone ahead and moved your post over to this thread where others have provided some workarounds that work for them.

I'd recommend taking a peek at @Pessos' answer here - this thread may also get you where you want to be!

@lgaines1123 You can do this with Trunk which is a third party app. Check out some examples here: https://go.trunkinventory.com/helpbundles

More on Trunk: https://trunkinventory.com

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Product bundles and social media linkage

1.  How do I create product bundles on my square e-commerce site.  i.e. chocolate bundle, beverage bundle, variety product bundles?

2. How can I connect my business social media accounts that I manage from one personal login? I can connect my personal but It won't let me toggle to the relevant business accounts on each platform. 

Admin

Hey @sasdistro!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

1) We do not currently have a way to bundle sales. For example, if you created an item titled '5 bottles of wine' and sold it on your online store, it would only reduce your inventory by 1 instead of 5 bottles of wine. Is that what you mean?

2) Are you referring to Facebook and Instagram particularly? 

Let me know! 🌟

1) Yes.  We would like to bundle several items into starter bundle packs for choose from for easy initial stock orders and offer them a discount ... think super value meal #1, #2, #3...  $500 price point bundle, $1000 and $1500 price points etc.

2) Yes for FB and Insta I have my personal login that manages my other business pages so that I don't have to have 10 logins that I have to enter anytime I want to post something from one of my businesses etc.   When I link with square it only links to my personal pages... which I obviously don't want linked to my business public e-comm site.  There is no ability to toggle on square's end to choose my business account.  And because I created my business FB and Instagram accounts under my personal login I can't backtrack and change admin login emails etc.

Admin

Okay, the bundling is a feature request that we don't have available quite yet.

Where did you go about linking your FB page and Insta page? Through Square Dashboard > Online > Instagram > Facebook @sasdistro

Ok on the bundles:  I will just add them under a category to make it easier for our customers that know they want that bundle to more quickly add those items vs. going line item by line item adding items to their cart.  Do you have an ETA for bundling features. 

Yes, through the Square dashboard... but it doesn't give me an option to add by my business handle... only through my FB login (personal email).  It would be great if I could just provide my business page links directly for the linkage to occur. 

Thanks.