x

How to remove the "tipping" option completely?

I would like to completely remove the prompt screen of tipping. I'm the manager for a retail store and tipping is not required for my customers. It is embarrassing when this option comes up, as it makes me and associates look like we are requiring a tip option. We can not afford negative feedback from customers as we are a non-profit organization that has recently launched our services for online purchasing. Any negative reviews can cause a small, local entity detrimental business loss from social media. What are the options? I should not have to disengage application and then reinstall. The other problem that arises from the tipping option is; when I indicate 0.00 and try to go back to the previous screen to accept payment, it has already accepted payment with no actual tapping or swiping of any card and records as payment, but no payment has been made. Immediate response would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @ValerieAnne

If you go to the Square App or Register > Settings > Tipping > You should be able to turn off the collecting of tips:

Does that work for you? Let me know ✏️

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 2