x
Beta Member

I am looking for the ability to restrict discounts on certain item numbers

I would like to restrict discounts on certain items, similar to certain items being taxable, and others being tax free. Is that possible in Square?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hello @dearness, thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and the ability to restrict discounts as you've described isn't available with Point of Sale at this time. For now, I’d suggest creating a discount for a specific set of items (or item), and applying it manually at the time of the payment.

In addition, I'll be raising your post with our Point of Sale team. So that I can share more insight with them, can you reply with a bit more information for the kind of situations where this would be useful for your business?

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

We sell both products and services, usually on the same ticket. Most of these tickets have mutiple lines, which can make discounting by line a bit tedious. We at times will discount the products for various reasons, all of which have discounts set up as a percentage. But we never discount sevices (policy for many many years). However when we are very busy, the cashiers occaisionall forget and will discount the entire ticket. I would like a warning or error to pop up when this occurs.

I hope this helps!

Ken

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

We need this functionality as well

Message 4 of 4